I have tried several times to download the trial version onto a brand new Mac Pro running OS X Snow Leopard. Akami downloads, then I downloaded the AutoCAD trial, then I installed the trial version. When I click on the AutoCAD icon in the dock the splash window appears saying "loading" for a few seconds, then it closes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting the computer, all the usual tricks. And yes, language is set to English.
From what I can tell this is a problem for a lot of people but I have seen no explanation or suggestion other than an obscure suggesting about Journalling and reformatting the harddrive. Seems a bit excessive for a 30 day trial.
Hey Autodesk, if you want to sell to Mac users I suggest you give us some help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I found a suggestion in a user forum that referenced something about a "Journeling" setting. I have no idea what it means. And I don't understand what you mean by Case Sensative partition or Console app. I am not an administrator or an IT expert. I use AutoCAD as a tool, I don't write lisp routines or anything else like that so please,please, please write your replies in "Dummies For" language.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
You should not be an administrator or an IT expert in order to know where Console application located.
It is very simple:
- locate Spotlight search in the upper right corner of you screen,
- put cursor there and start type word "Console":
- you will see something like this:
- select Console from list and hit Return (enter) key to start Console.app
- you will be granted with window:
- on the left Pane select "system.log" (#1 on screen-shot), if you don't see left Pane - click on "Show Log list" button on toolbar
- start AutoCAD, then look to the right Pane of Console app - you should see information about AutoCAD (in my case - AutoCAD started successfully - see #2 on the screen-shot)
- in your case you should see something different, try to select information since the time you start AutoCAD with mouse (just like you do it in your favorite text editor), then copy to clipboard and paste to your reply on Forums.
About "Journaling" and "Case Sensitive" - don't bother, as I think it's OK with your File System, as you wrote, that your Mac is "brand new".
Thanks for the details, I was able to find just what you asked for. Below is the last few inches after I tried to launch the trial AutoCAD on my mac.
10:28:38 CUPS config timestamp change detected but old config retrieved via interface!Aug 19 10:28:47 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502 (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder): posix_spawn("/Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSPS2/BackG
Yeah! it worked! Now I can try this version out. You should put this on the download page, I have been fooling around trying to download this ever since it was announced!
Thanks so much for the simple solution and explanations, it really helped. BTW, there was only one .data file in the FLEXnet folder.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.