AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

try to remove education message from autoCAD LT 2013 for MAC app version

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
alexmac25
954 Views, 7 Replies

try to remove education message from autoCAD LT 2013 for MAC app version

Running MAC OS 10.7.5 Lion, running AutoCAD LT 2013 MAC App version. New drawings does not have "educational" message, however, an existing drawing has this message. How do i get rid of it?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: alexmac25

Legally you don't: drawings and content created in EDU software have the stamp for a reason (EDU software if free to students for educational purposes only).
Message 3 of 8
alexmac25
in reply to: pendean

I don't have the educational version, this problem occurred upon importing an existing file that did not come from a source using educational either. This is not a problem if i open up a new drawing file.
Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

>> this problem occurred upon importing an existing file that did not come from a source using educational either.

Then it turns out that the "source" used files created in Student version for creating the files you got from this source.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 8
pendean

Your license is irrelevant: the drawing contains the stamp because the drawing was created with an EDU application. Same rule applies, you can't hide behind your own license.

If you want to engage in illegal behavior then you need to look outside these forums, it's no secret.
Message 6 of 8
alexmac25
in reply to: pendean

I'm hiding behind nothing, otherwise i wouldn't be asking in this forum! I did not buy nor use an educational product!
Message 7 of 8
nestly2

The EDU plotstamp is only added to drawings that are created or modified by an Educational license.  "Modified" includes copying/inserting anything from a drawing produced by educational version into a non-educational drawing.  The user has to disregard at least two warning messages before a non-edu drawing will be permanently marked with the Educational version plotstamp.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Read this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=17886605&linkID=22152743&siteID=123112

Please stop asking the same question repeatedly unless you want to share some new information. Your best approach is to send the file back to the person that provided it, call it unacceptable, and ask for a stamp-free drawing file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost