AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

troubles with AutoCAD2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wongsinmanmandy
284 Views, 3 Replies

troubles with AutoCAD2014

I just downloaded MAC AutoCAD2014 education trial and updated the latest version. I cannot find the pull-down menu. Therefore, I cannot open new file(the photo is showing my situations). I have tried to remove it and download again but it's still not work. Anyone helps? thank you.螢幕快照 2014-03-25 下午12.43.46.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: wongsinmanmandy

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
It appears something wrong with AutoCAD Support files, in fact you should see a dozen of templates for new file when you select "New" in this Welcome dialog.
Try to uncheck "Display at startup" in this dialog, then pick on Cancel button. Then quit AutoCAD (you can right-click on AC icon in the Dock and select Quit)
No try to launch AutoCAD again, it should open new empty drawing.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
wongsinmanmandy
in reply to: maxim_k

thanks! 

by the way, how about the pull-down bar(the bar which should be shown on the top of the screen-now there are only Apple logo and "AutoCAD2014")?

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: wongsinmanmandy

I think you have permission problems inside your Home folder, so AutoCAD can not copy necessary files to Support folders inside ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ folder.
You need to resolve this issue at first, than you can try to reinstall AutoCAD again (or reset AutoCAD options).
I can not advice "how to", because I don't see actual situation on your Mac, but at least you can try to create new account on your Mac and launch AutoCAD from this new account.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost