AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot cuts (as if margins were set) margins are custom @ 0, 0, 0, 0

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thecadalyst
992 Views, 3 Replies

plot cuts (as if margins were set) margins are custom @ 0, 0, 0, 0

good day autocad lt for mac users!

i have created a custom arch d size - with 0 margins. the pdf preview shows correctly.

however, the actual plot itself cuts the left and right approximately 1/2" to 1" - the top and bottom seem fine. it trims out the plot stamp on the left and partial on the titleblock on the right. baffling.

shall i assume that this more of a plotter issue? it's an hp designjet 500.

we're running 2013 - mac lion

kind regards,

jon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JohnRennie
in reply to: thecadalyst

Is this just when using publish?

I had just posted my own question before I noticed your. I get a similar issue but only on some drawings, and only when plotting through publish, albeit to PDF.

Message 3 of 4
thecadalyst
in reply to: JohnRennie

not a publish issue for me.

i'm curious though - normally & previous with my experience in page setup - you could navigate to the pc3 editor - and adjust the margins with the existing plotter configurations & sizes.

in mac or lt (not sure where this stems) - you can obviously create a custom sheet with margins set as your preference - however, the result is always the same.

the existing sheets have margins that i would like to eliminate - possible?

i'm starting to conclude that this may be a plotter (not mac or lt) issue. anyone out there running lt 2013 for mac - plotting with hp designjet 500??

cheers!

jon

Message 4 of 4
thecadalyst
in reply to: thecadalyst

i think i've come across some resolve - though unfortunate!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post time: 2010-3-5 05:52:54

My assumption is that you are using a 24" DJ500. The hard limits are a physical restriction of the printer and cannot be bypassed. I don't think that they are as large as 3/4" however. Search this forum for similar questions on hard limits and I think you will find that they are 1/4".
You should also look at the ability of your application to control the size of the printable area on Architectural D size paper.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost