AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

naturle geasture with 3d orbit ( naturle working only vertical )

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alhabeeb
1297 Views, 6 Replies

naturle geasture with 3d orbit ( naturle working only vertical )

hi everybody ..

i am using magic mouse with natural scroll direction .

i have a problem with orbit  tool  ..!

when i use natural geasture  (vertical ) working ( natural )  .. but left and right (horiznotal) not working natural ..

and this problem only with 3d orbit ..

when i using pan tool its working good  ..

so i trid to download tool to reverse horizontal 

and its work with 3d orbit very good ..

but when i reverse it .. the pan tool reversed too =(  , so i solved it with 3d orbit but i make aproblem with pan tool ..

so how can I solve this problem .. 

and i am sorry about my english language ..

thank u ..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: alhabeeb

Hi,

1. What "tool" you have download and tried to use?

2. I'm using Magic Prefs on my Mac and I have such behavior:

PAN - when I move finger down - all geometry in the drawing move down, when I move finger up - geometry moves up, left - left, right - right.

3DORBIT - when I move finger up - drawing changes from plan to side view (assuming I begin from plan view), when I move down - the view changes from side view to plan, when I move left - all abjects rotates counterclockwise, to the left - it rotates clockwise.

Is it "natural" for you?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
alhabeeb
in reply to: maxim_k

first : thank u ..

i attach apic that explain what i mean by ( natural ) ..

and the natural working is working very good with pan tool as u said ..

right geomtry move to right and left ...etc

but with 3d orbit when i rotate to left its going to right ( to another direction ) ..

i hope that  u understand me now

and thank u again .. 😃

Message 4 of 7
alhabeeb

sorry ,
i use this tool
Scroll Reverser
pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser
Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

OK, I know about Natural scroll in Mac OS preferences, an I also know, that changes to tis setting in System preferences doesn't affect AutoCAD. It appears that AutoCAD has predefined settings for pan and orbit with trackpads (Magic Mouse works in this case as trackpad) and you can not change them.

As you mentioned you can only reverse AutoCAD behavior with third parity application you use.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 7
n-black

I wanted to start a new topic as I think this is a fairly serious issue, but I think its the same as alhabeeb's issue.

Pan is fine and follows the Mac "natural" scheme of moving the mouse or trackpad to the up and left, shifting the object to the up and left.

Orbit on the mouse also makes sense. Move to the up and left, and if you look at the viewcube, it is like you are grabbing the front of the cube and spinning it to the up and left.

The issue is with the trackpad. Obit on the trackpad and drag your fingers to the up and left, and the front of the cube rotates to the right and up! Horizontal scrolling is reversed! It is as if rotating horizontally is based on grabbing the back of the cube, and rotating vertically is based on grabbing the front of the cube. I can't wrap my head around it, nor can I find a setting to change it! Maybe it makes more sense if you are used to thinking of grabbing the background, but then the vertical rotation would be reversed...

Message 7 of 7
rleslievideo

You deserve WAY more appreciation for this link and same for the programmer of this. a LIFE SAVER for using autocad on a mac. Someone else made tha analogy of trying to learn how to drive with the Gas and brake reveresed. ZOOMWHEEL 0 and 1 settings are possible but couldn't find anything to reverse PAN direction so I can navigate in the same natural direction as if I am using a touchscreen tablet. 

For the people who understand the need and don't appreciate the smarky useless comments on why you shouldn't do something you are asking about this is the utility you need to reverse the panning using the trackpad.

pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost