AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my text will not edit or delete

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
corylusarchitects
1640 Views, 6 Replies

my text will not edit or delete

Hi,  I canot delete or edit any text in any of my drawings.  Has anyone experianced this problem and does anyone know how to fix it? Hazel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: corylusarchitects

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi Hazel,
How do you tried to edit text? Can you delete text objects with ERASE command?
Please verify that text objects are on unlocked layer.
Could you post one of your problem drawings here?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
corylusarchitects
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi, all my drawings are effected.  I've tried erase and delete.  I'm in the process of reinstalling Autocad to see if this will fix the issue so I can't send you anything at the moment.  Will keep you posted Hazel.

Message 4 of 7
corylusarchitects

Hi,  I've reloaded auto cad and the issue is not fixed.  It seemes that I can delete using the short cut 'e' but not with the delete command.  My right click menu bar has gone and text is still uneditable.  Any sugestions?

Message 5 of 7

Hello everyone, after almost a day of pulling my hair out and gleaning bits and peaces online I've found a couple of work arounds that I hope will be useful should anyone else find themselves in my position.  1: for removing text delete does not work but the shorcut 'e' does, 2: I can no longer double click on text to edit but the 'multiline editor' still works so I've added this to my tool bar.  Any more information on my odd bug would be much appreciated.  Hazel.

Message 6 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: corylusarchitects

I think you need to reset AutoCAD settings from Application tab (button on the bottom right of dialog) of the AutoCAD Preferences (menu AutoCAD -> Preferences)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 7
corylusarchitects

Thanks, I'll try this when I've finished playing catch up.  resetting all my short cuts and tool bars is not something I look forward to doing. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost