AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple instances of same xref within a file - rotating individual instances?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wharpua
757 Views, 1 Reply

multiple instances of same xref within a file - rotating individual instances?

I've xrefed a floor plan into an elevations file which contains all four elevations, drawn side by side as separate drawings in model space

when I've done this in the PC version of AutoCAD, I've just copied the floor plans four times over, and I've been able to select each copied xref as an individual element, rotating each one so it will align with the elevation drawing in question

but in the Mac version, when I copy the xref, selecting each copied instance results in all instances being selected as a whole, preventing me from individually rotating each floor plan to align with its corresponding elevation.  Does this happen for anyone else?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: wharpua

I find the selecting an xref will always "highlight" all xrefs of the same name - but I am still able to rotate, move, scale, etc them individually with commands or grips.  It's a little alarming to have items selected that you don't actually have control over, but in my case, I am not prevented from working with them individually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost