AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lines too thick when printing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sofiagranjo
2269 Views, 3 Replies

lines too thick when printing

Hello,

I just started using autocad for mac and I'm having problems with my prints because the lines are much more thicker now then they were when printing in the same printer, with the same configurations, same file, in the autocad for windows... Also it takes forever to open a printing window and preview something.... I have a brand new macbook pro retina, why is this happening? 

please some one help me! 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: sofiagranjo

Hi,

The information you provided here is clearly not enough to help you.

- Which version of AutoCAD do you use?

- Do you use plot styles when you print? If so, have you bring plot style table file to your Mac along with the file? If so - what kind of line end and line join style do you have in your plot style table file?

- What printer (plotter) do you have in your System (OS level) installed? Is it local or network?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
sofiagranjo
in reply to: maxim_k

Hello Maxim, Sorry for the missing information! I use Autocad 2013, and yes I do use plot styles and I did brought the table file. I don't know what are "line end and line join style" are but I don't think the problem is there because if I do a PDF print and after that I print it on the printer it is perfect. The problem is when I print directly to the printer. My printer is local, is a HP Deskjet 9800. You can see the differences in these two prints. The darker one was send directly to the printer and the lighter one is from a PDF. Thankyou for your help!
Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: sofiagranjo

Hi,

Sorry, but I don't see any images attached to your post, so I can not see the difference.

About "Line end & join styles":

Screen shot 2012-09-12 at 15.46.00.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost