AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited number of viewports?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jessiecchapman
1592 Views, 5 Replies

limited number of viewports?

Anyone else having problems making a layout with more than three viewports? If I make a fourth, it is always blank, so I juggle things in Model Space in order to put details where I want them. This has been going on since the beginning with Acad LT 2012 for Mac. Hoped the last update would fix it, but maybe no one else has that problem?

Machine has plenty of RAM (16) and handles everything else fine. Files are not tremendously large or complicated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: jessiecchapman

Hi,

It is strange, because I can use more than three viewports. Look at screen-shot, there are 6 viewports (magenta color):

Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 8.51.15.png

Maybe something wrong with layers settings (VPfreeze) in your drawings?

Could you post one of your problem drawings here?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
jessiecchapman
in reply to: maxim_k

Hmm. It does seem to work on the computer I'm using now, but the one I use in another office never works. When I'm back there, I'll post you a screenshot. It lets me make another viewport, but once I get above three, the new ones are blank. I've tried REGEN and restarting, purge, audit, etc. Funny thing is the other computer is the newer one with more RAM. I've only got 8 on this one, and the viewports work fine.

There are a lot of layout tabs (maybe 20,) so I thought it was just reaching the limit of capacity.

Thanks for your help, as always. Nice details, too. That's exactly the type of thing I need all the viewports for! I've been rearranging things in Model Space instead, which is a bit of a pain.

jc

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jessiecchapman

MAXACTVP variable

Message 5 of 6
jessiecchapman
in reply to: pendean

Aha. That's it.

Thanks a million!

Message 6 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for help, Dean.

Just want to add that MAXACTVP saved in drawing file and thus doesn't affect AutoCAD generally.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost