AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layer problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rubberducky9o9
307 Views, 2 Replies

layer problem

When I am creating layers at the begining of a design i create a few, so after naming one I press the "," button to create another one fast. In AutoCAD for Mac it seems to change the name back to layer1, 2, 3, 4. 

any ideas?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: rubberducky9o9

Hi,

Layers palette in AutoCAD for Mac behaves differently than in AutoCAD for Windows. For example in Windows version you can activate Layers palette, hit Enter and this will create new layer, but on Mac - not.

Don't know is it a bug or a feature, but Layers palette on Mac doesn't allow to rename layer until you hit Enter after you type new name. You can use  comma to create new layer without affecting previously created layer name if you hit Enter (Return) than hit it again, then hit comma key on keyboard.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
rubberducky9o9
in reply to: maxim_k

thankyou, It's almost like hitting new layer, naming it, hitting enter, then enter again to rename it but use using it for the comma shortcut. I like it, sorta.. it works fine though

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost