AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to get interface to look like autocad for windows?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
npeyton
11069 Views, 9 Replies

is it possible to get interface to look like autocad for windows?

I'm trying to learn AutoCAD and I have a mac. The tutorial videos I am following appear to have the windows interface. It's so hard to follow what's going on with the mac version on my computer. Is there any way to change this?

Screen shot 2012-06-21 at 2.40.48 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jordanbw
in reply to: npeyton

In the screen shot it appears to be the same AutoCad for Mac user interface with the "Light" theme. Go to AutoCad > Preferences.. and under the "Look and Feel" change the current theme from "Dark" to "Light". 

Message 3 of 10
npeyton
in reply to: Jordanbw

oh sorry i meant to attach a photo of what i want autocad to look like. that photo was of my current screen.

is there any way to get autocad for mac to look like this?

Screen shot 2012-06-21 at 5.31.44 PM.png

Message 4 of 10
tgcsfo

Same question.  Is there a user proifile or something that we can import?  This question seems to keep coming up.  Would someone please answer?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
dgorsman
in reply to: tgcsfo

Not really possible, although some enterprising individual may come up with something in a few years.  Like most software AutoCAD is built on top of tools provided by the OS programmers (especially in the area of UI design), which in turn affects the appearance.  Hence, the Windows version looks like a Windows application and the Mac version looks like a Mac application.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 10
tgcsfo

@npeyton - I set up a parallel WIndows desktop and installed AutoCAD for Windows.  Now I can use AutoCAD in either a Mac or Windows environment.  Maybe not the best solution but it does work. 

Message 7 of 10
adelatorre9

I also have this problem.

I am a instructor and the student need to see the tools exactly as they are shown on the book. Is a intro class so this makes it very confusing to them

Message 8 of 10
pendean
in reply to: adelatorre9

>>>...I am a instructor ...<<<
The link below is all they can do for that student while you figure out how to better inform all of your future students that your coursework has the Windows version as a strict core curriculum requirement for your future classes to avoid setting some students up to fail
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/is-it-possible-to-get-interface-to-look-like-au...
Message 9 of 10
adelatorre9
in reply to: pendean

your link is not working.

Usually this class is taught in a computer lab at the college. The department is looking at different options I'm not sure if downloading the student version is the best idea since some students might not even have a laptop. and our enrollments are low. 

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: adelatorre9

The link is to message #6 above, you can scroll up to see it. Here is the text from there:

"MESSAGE 6 OF 9
tgcsfo in reply to: npeyton
Re: is it possible to get interface to look like autocad for windows?
npeyton - I set up a parallel WIndows desktop and installed AutoCAD for Windows. Now I can use AutoCAD in either a Mac or Windows environment. Maybe not the best solution but it does work. "

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost