AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customised tool set

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 4 of 7
UL!
Contributor
990 Views, 6 Replies

customised tool set

Hello

Autocad LT 2013 for Mac

I would like to use my customised toolset (cui file) on anther mac, but can't find a way to copy the file in the first place.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
UL!
Contributor
in reply to: UL!

Hello

Autocad LT 2013 for Mac

I would like to use my customised toolset (cui file) on anther mac, but can't find a way to copy the file in the first place.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 7
hwalker

Your best bet would be to ask in the Autocad for Mac forums

But in Windows in the Start menu there is a program called "Migrate Custom Settings" in which you can import and export your settings. Maybe there is a Mac equivalent.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
AcadAdamLT

No idea how Autocad LT works in MAC-enviroment but if you know where your .CUI file is located you should be able to copy it and overwrite the current default in the new MAC.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

HI,

Hi,

Your customization results are in:

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013 Standalone/R19/enu/Support/PopMenuRoot.cui - Pulldown menus;

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013 Standalone/R19/Support/Workflow.cui - Tool Sets Palette;

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013 Standalone/R19/Support/MenuGroup.cui - Commands customizations.

Here the Library folder is in your Home folder, not Library in the root of your HDD. It is hidden by default, to access it:

In Finder on the menu bar, at the top, select Go to reveal the drop-down menu and then hold down the Option key (marked ALT) and you will see the ~/Library folder appear. You may now select this ~/Library folder with your mouse or trackpad.

The path valid for AutoCAD LT pursuased from Autodesk or resellers, for MAS version of AC LT - it is slightly different, I think "AutoCAD LT 2013" instead of "AutoCAD LT 2013 Standalone".

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 7
UL!
Contributor
in reply to: maxim_k

Brilliant! It works, thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 7
hcshcshcs

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost