AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad redrawing object slowly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bshfrd
2476 Views, 3 Replies

autocad redrawing object slowly

So when I select an object and move it, copy it, change it in any way; every time I move it around the screen the object starts 'drawing' itself slowly. For example if I move a circle from one location to another, when I rest the cursor it will start rendering the circle slowly from one point until it is complete, if I move the cursor at all, it starts again from blank. This gets very annoying when I am selecting multiple objects and cannot see what I actually have selected until I place them again.

I don't believe it's an issue with the computer as I'm running this on a new top-spec Retina. Is there some setting that I can change so that when I select objects, it shows the preview as is, not slowly drawing each line?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bshfrd
in reply to: bshfrd

Found the problem. Don't know what any of this means but the 'DRAGP1' was set to 0 (Its default value is supposedly 5000) so I reset it by typing dragp1 into the command line and then 5000. Strange.
Message 3 of 4
maxim_k

Hi,
About DRAGP1:
It is one of AutoCAD's System variables.

When hardware acceleration is used (only one type of graphics acceleration in AutoCAD for Mac) , controls how many vectors the system draws when you drag objects within a 2D viewport before it checks for a new input sample from the mouse.

Type: Integer
Saved in: Registry
Initial value: 5000

A larger number results in more graphical vectors being displayed as objects are dragged. For best performance, it is recommended that you use hardware acceleration rather than software acceleration. DRAGP1 has no effect when dragging objects in a 3D viewport.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 4
lamensterms

Thanks for posting your found solution, helped me sort out the slow redraw I was having, no idead what set my DRAGDP1 to 0...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost