AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad mac 2013 - filleting problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
amy_k
732 Views, 2 Replies

autocad mac 2013 - filleting problems

Hi, 

I am trying to do 0.25 radius fillets on a pattern type drawing. It was saved in Illustrator CS4 as DWG first. Then all the lines were exploded. The fillets work fine for about 5 times then Autocad freezes up for no reason. So I reopened the program, carried on and it happens again. I've tried this about 10 times and the same thing happens. Actually it's the same with Autocad 2010 for Mac student version. 

does anyone know why?

also, the multiple fillet command doesn't work. I enter the fillet command > down arrow to select 'multiple' and it makes no difference.

any help would be excellent!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nigma
in reply to: amy_k

1. can you please send me the drawing you are using?

nigma.liu@autodesk.com

2. the multiple option works as expected. it allows you to round the edges of more than one set of objects as the help doc said.

Message 3 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: amy_k

Hi amy_k,

You wrote, that your file was created in AI (exported from AI as DWG). So this could be the reason of such behavior of this particular file.
Please check the type of objects you try to fillet - lines, polylines or splines. Maybe a lot of splines can produce freezes in AutoCAD.

AutoCAD really doesn't like splines, produced by Adobe Illustrator.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost