AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

enni_
Message 1 of 4 (819 Views)

autocad for mac 2012: pdf problem

819 Views, 3 Replies
02-02-2012 02:36 PM

Hi everybody, i'm a newbie of this forum and mac world..so i don't know if i'am about to ask something stupid...

I'm using autocad 2012 for mac in my new mac book pro (Lion 10.7.2) and i can't figure out how to print a decent pdf.....

usually, in my old pc, i used to assign properties (colors, lineweight,etc) directly to layers (without using ctbs) and then print using DWG TO PDF plotter or PDF CREATOR ...never had any problems..

now it's all a mess....what am i doing wrong? I'm sure it's not a problem of layers' properties because i've alredy printed this layout in a real plotter and everything was fine...

check an example of my pdf output and my print settings.....

please help ..i don't want to go back to windows!!

thanks in advance and sorry, my english is quite bad..

Valued Contributor
David_Stacey
Message 2 of 4 (806 Views)

Re: autocad for mac 2012: pdf problem

02-02-2012 08:20 PM in reply to: enni_

Hello.

Make sure you select "Print with Plot Styles" in page setup.

You might also like to see my previous post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/How-to-edit-CTB-files-using-AutoCAD-for-Mac-2012/td-p/...

I hope this helps you out.

David

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 3 of 4 (789 Views)

02-03-2012 01:33 AM in reply to: enni_

Hi Elena,

Hmm, I can not say that everything is messing in PDF file, that you attached here. I can see the differences in lineweights, arcs (except those in small details) are arcs enough. What results did you expected?

I have to say, that for small details (toilets equipment) you will get the same results in Windows version of AutoCAD.

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

enni_
Message 4 of 4 (785 Views)

02-03-2012 05:29 AM in reply to: enni_

oops .......maxim you're right! i've got the wrong scale.....all these days spent blaming autodesk and my poor new mac! i'm sorry autodesk and thanks everyone for the time spent....

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community