Dear Friends at Autodesk,
I'm working now for about 6 month with AutoCad for Mac (and a lifetime before with AutoCad for Windows) and would like to summarize the wishes and problems I actually see, so that these might be handled in the next update:
- Layer Manager. This is still very buggy. When I open an existing drawing the Layer manager is strangely minimized within his window. This can be solved by shortly closing the Layer list and reopening it. Okay, no big bug, but can't be the original intention
- Layer Manager. I can use the Layer Controls (Freeze, On/Off, New Layer, ect) only several times, after e.g 8 uses of these different settings it becomes unresponsive. Means I can't freeze Layers or switch them on and off or even can add new layers. This can be solved by saving the document, closing the document and reopen it. But this is so annoying as it simply steals a lot of time over the day.
- Properties Inspector. the Prperties Inspector works properly for maybe ten different Objects I select, after that It becomes unresponsive and stays within its last Properties. Anyway which Object I select, there are no changes in the Properties window. This can also be solved by saving, closing and reopening the document, and doubles already the time to work with that: Result: very annoying.
. Integration of Object Snap in Mouse Right Click. Like in the windows version it is very useful to have the Integration of the different Object snap Filters integrated in the right click contextual Menu. So I can have Object Snap disabled but if I need for one specific Action one Object Snap I can choose the correct one I need, like Midpoints only.
- Object Snap Addition: Mid between two points. Hery useful and fast tool. I'm hardly missing this from the windows version
- Customization of Tool Sets: Actually I can't customize the different toolsets (Drafting, Annotation, Modeling) or do I oversee something here? I would like to have a fourth Tool Set which can be customized completely with my most used tools. In best case I can stay the entire day in one toolset and don't have to switch always around, depending what I need. Also this would mean that every function is always in the same place and would speed up my working process significantly
- Object Snap as Toolset. It would be also great to have the different Object Snap Filters implementable as a Toolset (also as in windows Version). With this I have all Object Snaps directly on the Screen and need just to pick the one I need.
- Adding a Generic Printer within AutoCad. Actually My Page Setup is always limited to the installed Printers on the System. Most of the time I'm creating PDFs, which will be mostly watched onscreen. But I always run in the Page limits of the installed Printer which cuts my viewports and layouts. Having a generic Printer for the different page Sizes would give us all the possibility to make PDFs as they should with all contents they should and not what the printer thinks it could have.
- Finally I would be really happy about some release notes for the different updates which appeared over the time. Until today there is no database where is listed what the different Updates do. That would be very helpful
That should it be for the Moment.
I'm pretty sure, that I'm not the only one with these Issues, which are really major issues for me.
Let me clarify whishlist:
"Integration of Object Snap in Mouse Right Click."
- it is actually here - just hold Shift and right click
"Object Snap Addition: Mid between two points"
-it is here:
or, just type m2p (as in Windows ver)
-about Tool Sets - read here: Create and Manage Tool Sets - it is customizable (although you can use only one palette)
"Actually My Page Setup is always limited to the installed Printers on the System."
- you can use Custom paper sizes from Page setup dialog (so you are not limited with your System Printer's paper sizes
"Finally I would be really happy about some release notes for the different updates which appeared over the time. Until today there is no database where is listed what the different Updates do."
and here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?s
If there is a wishlist of features for AutoCAD for MAC I wuold like to see e-transmit and Mline included in a future release. also Dynamic Blocks would really be helpful.
Get rid of the screen flickering when swiping between spaces in lion/mountain lion, and make autocad usable in 3d (i.e. faster.)
Start porting the verticals too (ie. Autocad architecture). Also sort out the fragmenting in pdf exports. I can't tell how many times i've exported to illustrator and had lines not joining up, or looping wildly all over the page when they shouldn't.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register