AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishlist and bugs for next update/Autocad for Mac 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
RolfWenzel4940
1213 Views, 10 Replies

Wishlist and bugs for next update/Autocad for Mac 2012

Dear Friends at Autodesk,

I'm working now for about 6 month with AutoCad for Mac (and a lifetime before with AutoCad for Windows) and would like to summarize the wishes and problems I actually see, so that these might be handled in the next update:

- Layer Manager. This is still very buggy. When I open an existing drawing the Layer manager is strangely minimized within his window. This can be solved by shortly closing the Layer list and reopening it. Okay, no big bug, but can't be the original intention

- Layer Manager. I can use the Layer Controls (Freeze, On/Off, New Layer, ect) only several times, after e.g 8 uses of these different settings it becomes unresponsive. Means I can't freeze Layers or switch them on and off or even can add new layers. This can be solved by saving the document, closing the document and reopen it. But this is so annoying as it simply steals a lot of time over the day.

- Properties Inspector. the Prperties Inspector works properly for maybe ten different Objects I select, after that It becomes unresponsive and stays within its last Properties. Anyway which Object I select, there are no changes in the Properties window. This can also be solved by saving, closing and reopening the document, and doubles already the time to work with that: Result: very annoying.

Wishlist:

. Integration of Object Snap in Mouse Right Click. Like in the windows version it is very useful to have the Integration of the different Object snap Filters integrated in the right click contextual Menu. So I can have Object Snap disabled but if I need for one specific Action one Object Snap I can choose the correct one I need, like Midpoints only. 

- Object Snap Addition: Mid between two points. Hery useful and fast tool. I'm hardly missing this from the windows version

- Customization of Tool Sets: Actually I can't customize the different toolsets (Drafting, Annotation, Modeling) or do I oversee something here? I would like to have a fourth Tool Set which can be customized completely with my most used tools. In best case I can stay the entire day in one toolset and don't have to switch always around, depending what I need. Also this would mean that every function is always in the same place and would speed up my working process significantly

- Object Snap as Toolset. It would be also great to have the different Object Snap Filters implementable as a Toolset (also as in windows Version). With this I have all Object Snaps directly on the Screen and need just to pick the one I need.

- Adding a Generic Printer within AutoCad. Actually My Page Setup is always limited to the installed Printers on the System. Most of the time I'm creating PDFs, which will be mostly watched onscreen. But I always run in the Page limits of the installed Printer which cuts my viewports and layouts. Having a generic Printer for the different page Sizes would give us all the possibility to make PDFs as they should with all contents they should and not what the printer thinks it could have.

- Finally I would be really happy about some release notes for the different updates which appeared over the time. Until today there is no database where is listed what the different Updates do. That would be very helpful

That should it be for the Moment.

I'm pretty sure, that I'm not the only one with these Issues, which are really major issues for me.

Best

Rolf Wenzel

www.chaoscenter.net

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jschaap
in reply to: RolfWenzel4940

-Block edit in place!

-Copy/Paste as block

Message 3 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: RolfWenzel4940

Hi Rolf,

Let me clarify whishlist:

"Integration of Object Snap in Mouse Right Click."

- it is actually here - just hold Shift and right click

"Object Snap Addition: Mid between two points"

-it is here:

Screen shot 2011-05-31 at 20.08.20.png

or, just type m2p (as in Windows ver)

-about Tool Sets - read here: Create and Manage Tool Sets - it is customizable (although you can use only one palette)

"Actually My Page Setup is always limited to the installed Printers on the System."

- you can use Custom paper sizes from Page setup dialog (so you are not limited with your System Printer's paper sizes

"Finally I would be really happy about some release notes for the different updates which appeared over the time. Until today there is no database where is listed what the different Updates do."

- Please look here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/u/ps/search?la=en&siteID=123112&catID=2334116&linkID=15839490&q...

and here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=15839491 (every Update has README file)

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: jschaap

@Anonymous wrote:

-Copy/Paste as block

You can try this: Paste as Block for AutoCAD for Mac

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 11

Hey Maxim,

many thanks for your tips, I really wasn't aware of this.

Many thanks

Best

Rolf

Message 6 of 11

If there is a wishlist of features for AutoCAD for MAC I wuold like to see e-transmit and Mline included in a future release.  also Dynamic Blocks would really be helpful.

Thanks,

John Burgess

Message 7 of 11

Please provide 'Quick Select' tool in an update.

Message 8 of 11
rgwhatley
in reply to: Designerscapes

Get rid of the screen flickering when swiping between spaces in lion/mountain lion, and make autocad usable in 3d (i.e. faster.)

Message 9 of 11

Add bonus tools (flatten command), fix speed of changing between large dwgs, support transparency when printing pdf's.
Would be great to delete multiple layouts at once too.
Message 10 of 11
rgwhatley
in reply to: David_Stacey

Start porting the verticals too (ie. Autocad architecture). Also sort out the fragmenting in pdf exports. I can't tell how many times i've exported to illustrator and had lines not joining up, or looping wildly all over the page when they shouldn't.

Message 11 of 11
rgwhatley
in reply to: rgwhatley

Oh and could you make the symbols and tool palets darker when the theme is set to light? It's not that easy on the eye frankly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost