AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Macbook Pro is right for AutoCad Mac & Adobe Design Premium?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8076 Views, 8 Replies

Which Macbook Pro is right for AutoCad Mac & Adobe Design Premium?

I am considering to purchase Macbook Pro 13" with 2.7 GHz or Macbook Pro 15" 2.0 Ghz with both Core i7 but I wasn't sure which best screen resolution size to use for Autocad Mac and Adobe Design Premium? I want to make sure that I purchase the right Macbook Pro to suits me for to work with both Autocad for Mac and Adobe Design Premium. I would appreciate to have a comments or your thoughts about purchasing Macbook Pro. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

from the "screen resolution" point of view you should purchase Macbook Pro 15", because it has 1440 by 900 (Macbook 13 has 1280 by 800). Moreover Macbook 15 has more powerful processor than the Macbook 13 (despite the smaller number of GHz).

And, of course, you should consider to buy model with 8MB RAM.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 9
David_Stacey

I agree with Maxim. I have a 15" MacBook Pro with 8gb ram and a 480gb ssd. Although I mainly run autocad on my cinema display, it is fine just on the laptop display.
The 13" model probably isn't the best match for autocad due to size and resolution.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks Maxim. I have been considering to buy Macbook Pro 15" 2.0 Ghz with 8 GB RAM and 750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm. I was wondering if this will be fine with AutoCad for Mac and Adobe Design Premium if it runs at the same time?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: David_Stacey

It helps me to make the right decision about purchasing a Macbook Pro 15" Thanks David_Stacey!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I am researching on SSD and I found a new 500 Hybrid SSD on ebay.com for $2,300 dollars or more. I thought this will work with both programs at the same time than traditional old 7,200 RPM.

Message 7 of 9
David_Stacey

If you do get a SSD you will really notice the difference! It was the best upgrade I've ever done to any computer I've owned. Well worth the money.
I often have AutoCAD, Outlook, Parallels running win 7, Safari and a couple of others running with no problems. I don't think you'll have many problems if you have the 8gb
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: David_Stacey

Thanks David_Stacey!

Message 9 of 9
David_Stacey

Further to you looking at a SSD, I wouldn't spend $2300 for a 500gb drive. That seems very expensive to me.
If it helps, I got my 480gb SSD from Other World Computing (macsales.com). Including delivery to Australia the total cost was under $1000 which is about the same in US dollars.
Installation was a breeze too!
Just my 2c worth...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost