AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
katie1994
341 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to save drawing

Am using Autocad LT 2013 on Windows platform using FusionWare on a Mac Pro. This is a company owned computer and all files are saved to a server. This problem began occuring after we returned to work on Jan 2. I will be working in  drawing and save regularly. Additionally autosave is set for 5 minute intervals.

Several times a day I get a message saying

"Unable to save drawing\\server\filename.dwg. Drawing saved to \\server\filename\savF676.tmp."

When I check the folder where the drawing is supposed to be there is a "filename.dwl" and the "sav676.tmp." files but the original .dwg doesn't show up in the list. 

If I save as the file to my desktop it is fine, but I then have to move it back to the server per company policy. This is extremely tedious to say the least. This happens several times a day so far.

The IT guy has twice reset the permissions for the Directory so the files are not Read Only (although when I check the main client folder and sub folders from my computer the Read Only option is checked and I cannot change this).

Another Autocad user in the office, LT 2013, says this has happened to him but only occasisonally.

Also, several times I have noticed an alert pop-up that says something about "Unable to map network drive G:\\" but clicking on the notice just expands the message with no suggeston for solution. G Drive isthe primary server in our office. The only PC computers in our office are used for Autocad, the rest are all Apple products and the IT tech is a Mac guy.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Charles_Shade
in reply to: katie1994

Boy, between this and the AutoCAD LT Forum you are getting no satisfaction with FusionWare.

I think it is time to tell Management that they have given you a sinking raft when you seem to be the only user in the world with this combination.

The 4th post in this thread is interesting:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Revit-McIntosh-and-VM-Fusion/m-p/2265481/highlight/...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost