AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize adlm 104

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hoangitvn
1375 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to initialize adlm 104

i'm using cad 2014, i have a problem, i can't fix it, please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: hoangitvn

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Were you able to launch AutoCAD before? Or this happens just after installation?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
hoangitvn
in reply to: maxim_k

when i opened AutoCAD, it happen. :(,
Message 4 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: hoangitvn

It seems to me it is better to ask here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

I am having this same problem... posted in the Installation forum, but was advised to post here.

A summary of what I had posted:

I'm trying to install a standalone trial version of AutoCAD 2015 for Mac on my Macbook Pro (late 2008) running OS 10.9.5.

It installs, but I get an error message when trying to open the application (error code -104, see attachment).

Any advice?  I was reading about similar problems on PC machines being solved by profile changes.  Is there something similar on a Mac?  Also, I have two internal harddrives.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the problem?

I just tried to open the application in a brand new user account and it worked.  Something's gumming it up in my user profile/account...

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
aaronhai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi peterliang11, please reset the license by following the steps documented in the following Blog Post (you may ignore the Time Machine portion if that is not relevant to you).

Important : Please note that these may eventually require you to re-activate all previously activated product in the Mac so please review the content clearly before you implement the steps. 

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: aaronhai

Hello aaronhai

Thanks for the suggestion.  I followed that blog post to the "t"... but still same error.  Seems like the right idea (I've seen that something similar worked for others), especially since I can get it to open in a fresh user account... but not working for me.

Any other ideas?

Message 8 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

It is clear that something wrong goes inside your initial account - maybe permissions problems. But I can not advice you something specific, because dealing with permissions on Mac OS is really hard task.
The only thing I can advice is to migrate everything to the new account from which you can launch AutoCAD and than remove the old account.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost