AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Autocad for Mac 2014 Plotting issues

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
530 Views, 1 Reply

URGENT: Autocad for Mac 2014 Plotting issues

Hello,

I never had this problem before with 2013 but when I switch to Autocad 2014 for mac, I started having problems plotting to PDF. I would set up the page in paper space and plot it, sometimes it plots after I exited the program multiple times and copy my drawings to an entirely new file but most of the time it just won't react after I hit "save as pdf", the plot log won't pop out. Or if it does plot when I try to "export as pdf" or preview in pdf but only random lines show up instead of the entire drawing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled autocad a few times hoping it would fix the problem but to no avail.

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

The case is not in AutoCAD, but in Mavericks (you are running AutoCAD on Mavericcks - isn't it?)
If you are using custom paper size in page setup, than on Mavericks each time you start Plot command the paper size "resets" to one of the default paper sizes and nothing plots after you confirm plotting in Plot dialog - this is knowing issue. If you are using one of the predefined paper sizes, than everything is OK.
The workaround is to manually set your custom paper size in Plot dialog before plotting or use Batch plotting (in Batch plotting custom paper size doesn't resets).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost