AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial reference book?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jolinak
343 Views, 2 Replies

Tutorial reference book?

I just bought ACAD for Mac 2012 and will be self-teaching for a while. Is there a general consensus on what book(s) a new cat ought to own for tutorial and/or reference? I have seen Mastering ACAD 2012 (Omura and Graham), the edition for PC's, and (I think) the version for Mac. If I recall, the Mac version is much smaller. That raises the question, does one then need the PC version for most of the work, then refer to the Mac version of the book for manuevers specific to the Mac? Anyway, I'd sure like to know what folks suggest. Thanks. john

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: jolinak

Hi,

One of the best books on AutoCAD for Mac (training - learning) I have seen is "AutoCAD 2011 for Mac: One Step at  a Time" by Timothy Sean Sykes. Although it is about AutoCAD 2011 for Mac, I think it is good place to start.

Later you can learn about new features in AC 2012 in AutoCAD PDF documentation and on Autodesk YouTube channel

and here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoCADExchange/search?query=mac

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
jolinak
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks! I'll look for it. john

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost