AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Sets

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mzarchs
471 Views, 10 Replies

Tool Sets

I'm having any issue customizing a Tool Set.  I've dragged and dropped new Snap Object Commands into the Drafting Tool Set but it doesn't show up in the Palette.  The Command and new Tool Group are shown in the Tool Set when I re-open the Tools>Customize tab, but it still doesn't show up in the Palette.  Previous and subsequent customizing with other Commands have taken, but not the Snap Object Commands.  Any thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: mzarchs

Hi could you post screenshot of CUI dialog on ToolSets customization tab, that shows the results of OSNAP customization?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
mzarchs
in reply to: maxim_k

Here' the shot of the Customize window and the Palette.  Now the Snap Object Commands are showing up, but the Dimension Commands are not....  I've "applied" and Ok'd the changes and re-entered the Customize window to get these shots.

Screen shot 2013-01-16 at 12.32.10 PM.pngScreen shot 2013-01-16 at 12.33.04 PM.png

Message 4 of 11
maxim_k

It seems OK with CUI dialog.
Have you tried to rearrange Dim and OSNAP groups? Just try to move them around inside ToolSets customization pane.
Sometimes such case as yours happens with me too.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 11
mzarchs

Yes I have tried rearranging the Tool Groups within the Tool Set, deleting commands, re-entering commands, re-booting the application, re-booting the computer with no luck.  Curious how it somtimes is an issue and sometimes not.  Who knows, tomorrow it may just show up.

Message 6 of 11
maxim_k

I think, that is because of corrupted Workflow.cui file, that resides inside "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013 Standalone/R19.0/enu/Support" folder. You can try quit AutoCAD and move Workflow.cui to some another location (to Desktop). Then start AutoCAD again and it will recreate this file with default settings. Now you can try to customize ToolSets palette over again.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 11
mzarchs

Thanks!  I'll give that a try.

Message 8 of 11
mzarchs

That worked.  I've got the Drafting Palette all set.  But when I started to modify the Annotation Palette, the changes wouldn't take there.  Anyway, 90% of where I would like to be works very well.  Thanks for the help.  I've got another question, but I'll start a new thread.

Message 9 of 11
maxim_k

Do you want to say, that you can not customize Tool Sets palette at all from this point? Or just only Annotations palette?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 11
mzarchs

After finally getting he Drafting Palette where I wanted it, I tried changing the Annotation Palette and ran into the same problem as before.  I've not tried changing anything else in the Drafting Palette since because both palettes are in a good workable state.  I've decided to leave well enough alone for the time being.  Thanks again.

Message 11 of 11
nancy

Thank you so much for your wonderful tutorial. I was so dissapointed that the Mac 2013 version default Tool Set kept making me toggle back and forth between drafting and annotating, and you've solved my problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost