AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift+mouse scroll on AutoCAD Mac

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
yo_did
2344 Views, 1 Reply

Shift+mouse scroll on AutoCAD Mac

Hello, i'm working on AutoCAD 2013 on my Mac, and since some time I'm experiencing this annoying feature : i'm stretching somethin, than I want to deselect objects using the shift key, and it passes in 3D orbit mode. It's so frustrating and I found no place to disable this feature. Anyway, I never use the 3D functions of AutoCAD so to turn it off for me would be great.

I found the same subject discussed on AutoCAD on Windows, where the mouse shortcuts can be modified in the CUI, but on Mac it doesn't seem to be possible...

Thanks !

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: yo_did

Hi,

It seems that in AC for Mac the options for mouse behavior with Shift and Cmd keys are not customizable, even if you will try to "drill" inside .CUI files with text editor, there is no MouseButtonRoot.cui file in AutoCAD for Mac (in this file settings for mouse behavior stored in PC version of AutoCAD)

I also have the same troubles from time to time and I mostly use Apple Magic mouse on my Mac.

The case is that when you click "left" mouse button on Magic mouse with Shift key pressed, sometimes you accidentally "slide" with finger on mouse touch surface and System conceder this as scrolling with mouse, and in AutoCAD fro Mac scrolling with Shift turns on 3DOrbit transparent command.

What mouse do you use on your Mac?

Is it Apple Magic Mouse? or something other?

If it is Magic mouse you can use the trick with MagicPrefs application (do you use this application?)

Go to MagicMouse Preferences, click on "Configure Scrolling" button at the bottom right of dialog, you will get such window:

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 12.29.16.png

By default Scrolling area is very large - all Magic Mouse surface.

You can reduce this area and move it to the right side:

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 12.29.30.png

then when you click on the "left" button with Shift pressed in AutoCAD, the scrolling effect will not be enabled and you will nit get 3DOrbit by accident.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost