AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Tesselation Divisions

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
johnanders.didriksen
6414 Views, 7 Replies

Set Tesselation Divisions

How do I set the Tesselation Divisions in AutoCAD Mac 2013?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

Use Settings option inside MESH command:
docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2013/ENU/filesACRMac/GUID-C0251558-62FC-4169-ADA2-DED728278556.htm?highlighting=tesselation

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the link! But I can't seem to figure out how to set it. I write Mesh->SE-choose Tessellation and then I don't know what to do. :S

Message 4 of 8

OOPS!

I forgot that in Mac version of AutoCAD this option actually doesn't work.

In order to set tessellation (number of divisions) you have to change values of "DIVMESH..." system variables.

Here is an exception from AutoCAD 2010 on-line Help documentation (it better shows which variable controls individual division of various types of meshes):

• Box

Length. Sets the number of divisions for the length of a mesh box along the X axis. ( DIVMESHBOXLENGTH system variable)

Width. Sets the number of divisions for the width of a mesh box along the Y axis. ( DIVMESHBOXWIDTH system variable)

Height. Sets the number of divisions for the height of a mesh box along the Z axis. ( DIVMESHBOXHEIGHT system variable)

• Cone

Axis. Sets the number of divisions around the perimeter of the mesh cone base. ( DIVMESHCONEAXIS system variable)

Height. Sets the number of divisions between the base and the point or top of the mesh cone. ( DIVMESHCONEHEIGHT system variable)

Base. Sets the number of divisions between the perimeter and the center point of the mesh cone base. ( DIVMESHCONEBASE system variable)

• Cylinder

Axis. Sets the number of divisions around the perimeter of the mesh cylinder base. ( DIVMESHCYLAXIS system variable)

Height. Sets the number of divisions between the base and the top of the mesh cylinder. ( DIVMESHCYLHEIGHT system variable)

Base. Sets the number of divisions between the perimeter and the center point of the mesh cylinder base. ( DIVMESHCYLBASE system variable)

• Pyramid

Length. Sets the number of divisions for the sides of the mesh pyramid base. ( DIVMESHPYRLENGTH system variable)

Height. Sets the number of divisions between the base and the top of the mesh pyramid. ( DIVMESHPYRHEIGHT system variable)

Base. Sets the number of divisions between the perimeter and the center point of the mesh pyramid base. ( DIVMESHPYRBASE system variable)

• Sphere

Axis. Sets the number of radial divisions around the axis endpoint of the mesh sphere. ( DIVMESHSPHEREAXIS system variable)

Height. Sets the number of divisions between the two axis endpoints of the mesh sphere. ( DIVMESHSPHEREHEIGHT)

• Wedge

Length. Sets the number of divisions for the length of a mesh wedge along the X axis. ( DIVMESHWEDGELENGTH system variable)

Width. Sets the number of divisions for the width of the mesh wedge along the Y axis. ( DIVMESHWEDGEWIDTH system variable)

Height. Sets the number of divisions for the height of the mesh wedge along the Z axis. ( DIVMESHWEDGEHEIGHT system variable)

Slope. Sets the number of divisions in the slope that extends from the apex of the wedge to the edge of the base. ( DIVMESHWEDGESLOPE system variable)

Base. Sets the number of divisions between the midpoint of the perimeter of the triangular side of the mesh wedge. ( DIVMESHWEDGEBASE system variable)

• Torus

Radius. Sets the number of divisions around the circumference of the profile that forms the tube of the torus. ( DIVMESHTORUSSECTION system variable)

Sweep Path. Sets the number of divisions around the circumference of the path that is swept by the profile. ( DIVMESHTORUSPATH system variable)

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
Rtogores
in reply to: maxim_k

About  managing MESH objects using AutoLISP you can see my class in AU2012:

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=au_player#0%0:3202

Message 6 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: Rtogores

Hi Reinaldo,

Thanks for sharing your AU materials, I think they are quite practically useful for AutoCAD for Windows users, but unfortunately AutoCAD for Mac lacks most of Visual Lisp functions, such as (vl-load-com), etc.

So Mac users can not use your Lisp routines in practice.

Thanks,

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 8
Rtogores
in reply to: maxim_k

Have you actually watched my videos?

I clearly specify what will work in Mac and what won't.

The source code shown in the videos does not include vl-load-com or any other COM dependent function.

Mesh creation and modifying are done exclusively with entmake and entmod.

In fact, there is no ActiveX method for creating MESH entities.

Message 8 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: Rtogores

Dear Reinaldo,

Please accept my deepest apologies. I had to look all the materials of your wonderful report in more detail, but did it perfunctorily.

Thank you for helpful link to your class at AU 2012.

Once more sorry about what happened.

Sincerely,

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost