AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scales issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mark
482 Views, 5 Replies

Scales issue

Hi,

I've added 1:25 on my scale list. In annotation scale it shows 1:25 but under standard scale it doesnt show. Why would this be? For a viewport shouldnt your annotation scale be 1:1 and then for the page scale you set your standard to 1:25 or which ever?

Thanks,

Mark.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Leaf.chai
in reply to: mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Autodesk!

I have logged a defect for this and will keep on tracking with it.

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Message 3 of 6
maxim_k

Hi Mark,

Not sure that I understand your question correctly, but the general workflow for adding scale list is:

1. If you want to add scale to current drawing, then you should use SCALELISTEDIT command (Menu:  Format Scale List ). When you add new scale to this list it it automatically appears in annotation scale list and in viewport scale list for current drawing.

2. You can add new scale to the list of scales in AutoCAD Preferences (Menu: AutoCAD -> Preferences->"Default Scale List..." on "Units and Guides" tab), this will add new scale to AutoCAD preferences file (REGISTRY - in Windows version of AutoCAD). After you add a new scale to the default scale list in AutoCAD Preferenses, you can use the Reset button in the Edit Drawing Scales dialog box to add the new scale to your drawing.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 6
mark
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I did do everything you wrote, but it still will only show under annotation scale. Looks to me as though its a bug with the program. Cheers, Mark.
Message 5 of 6
maxim_k

Hmm, not really a bug, because on my system everything works correct in both 2011 and 2012.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
lucyemosley

Hi Mark

Did you ever find a fix for this bug?

I'm having the same issue with AutoCad for Mac 2015.

thanks

Lucy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost