AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Blocks? how to create a block floder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ageyreader
2071 Views, 7 Replies

Saving Blocks? how to create a block floder

Hi

I would like to create a block from an existing drawing and put it into a new drawing. When I come to insert it into a completely new drawing its not there, how do I do this please? How do I save blocks into a folder, to keep everything organised? Working on Macbook Pro with AutoCAD 14. Most gratful for you help.

ageyreader

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: ageyreader

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

On Mac you can use traditional method - WBLOCK command to create block from:

• Block
  • Entire Drawing
  • Objects

At the top left of dialog you need to pick on "Change" button and navigate to the folder where you want store blocks.

Another mot hod on Mac is to create as many blocks as you need in one drawing, save this drawing to the some folder on your Mac, than use "Content palette" to add this drawing to an existing Library or to the new Library. You need to add it with option "This drawing contains multiple blocks" when prompted.

Maxim 

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
ageyreader
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you, that has been really helpful, I now have a specific part of an existing drawing into a new drawing.

My next question is how do I insert a title block and create a new view port? To enable me to scale and print.
Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

Switch to Layout, use Page setup manager to set the size of the sheet, than insert title block in Paper space, than create as many viewports as you need with "New Viewport" button on Paper space Visor (you will see when you are in Layout), than select viewport and set scale for it with Status Bar, or Properties palette.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
ageyreader
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you again, when opening the Auto CAD, I have been opening acad.dwt and have struggled to insert blocks and view ports.

I should have opened Tutorial-iArch.dwt. These steps that you have produced have been really helpful and will allow me to progress, so deserved Kudo!!!
Message 6 of 8
ageyreader

So I can insert a title block and create a new view port,

Is there a way to insert a block and size it, by dragging it out and it to fit onto my sheet?

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 8
maxim_k

You need to use specific title block for each sheet size, so after you set paper size for Layout, you need to insert specific title block for this paper size.
If you really need to scale title block you can do this with SCALE command with Reference option in it.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
justshutup

You need to just take a class.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost