AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated crashes....25-30 times in 4 hours!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
guitargirl_123
1055 Views, 5 Replies

Repeated crashes....25-30 times in 4 hours!!!

Has anyone been having trouble with their AutoCAD crashing repeatedly for no reason? I have been using simple commands such as move & copy and all of the sudden it completely shuts down!!! 1st time using it extensively on the job. Brand new MAC...2.66GHZ. EXTREMELY ticked & frustrated!!!!! Please hellllllllppppppppppppp!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andresw
in reply to: guitargirl_123

I have the same problem!!!

I've bought and installed in both my Mac Book Pro and my i Mac, and in both computers is unstable, crashes all the time. I can't work on it.

For example, yesterday I've tried to work in my iMac and I couldn't. It crashed at least 5 times in 10 minutes. Since I updated AutoCad it turned even more unstable.

Today I worked in my Mac Book Pro, and the problem was the same: In 10 minutes, it chrashed about 10 times, and all of them with no action related, I mean, I did nothing extraordinary... I was using the line command, or zoom command... 

Those were just a few examples, because this problem has been happening since I installed the program about 3 months ago.

I checked the system requirements and both computers are capable to work with AutoCad for Mac.

My MacBook Pro is a 5,4, has a 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo Precessor, 4gb memory. I don't remember my iMac specs, but it has enough cap.

I've changed the system language (since I read that maybe this should work to fix the problem...)

The point is AutoCad is up to date, my Macs are almost new (macbook pro is 1 year, imac is 2 months old)

Did you fix the problem?  If you did, can you tell me how?

Message 3 of 6

I'm having the same issue.  Anyone have a solution yet??

Message 4 of 6

Nothing. I installed the update that Autodesk sent me. My Mac is completely up to date. Autocad for Mac still works terribly. I'm back to PC. I only use it when I fix minor things in a drawing...(ex. moving around viewports, fixing text, small hatches - nothing substantial) yet it still crashes quite frequently. I have to save my work every 2-3 minutes so I don't lose what I've just entered. Super frustrating & a complete waste of money in my perspective.

Message 5 of 6
Einstijn

Sounds like the same problem me and a lot of others are having since the update (mac10.6.7)

Unfortunally there isnt a fix yet but there problem is talked over in this thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-2011-for-Mac-crashes-when-COPY-PASTING/td-p/29...

Message 6 of 6
rlseemann

Same Problem here, nothing has changed in the months since this string has started.   AutoCad Mac very,very, very unstable and unreliable.  All software and hardware is updated.  Sometimes this thing crashes upon the initial zoom in after opening a file.  I am working with simple 2D drawings with simple geometry and no hatches.  I can't imagine the headaches if i was using this as my 3D modeling software as well.  Also, the auto backup does not seem to back up on the intervals it set to.  I would be furious if I wasn't using a student license.

If you are reading this thread and thinking of buying a license; DO NOT for a few years (if they continue to offer a mac version).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost