AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Manager not working from mac 2013 to AutoCAD 2009 for windows

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nickeroni
1508 Views, 4 Replies

Reference Manager not working from mac 2013 to AutoCAD 2009 for windows

Using powerbook pro with AutoCAD for mac 2013. Trying to open drawing created on mac and saved as autoCAD 2007. Drawing uses references tha are stored on a server accessable to the whole LAN. Well once a drawing has been saved and moved back to the windows machine the references are all broken. The actual files didn't move but I guess it has to do with Mac and Windows interface. The real problem is when I open the reference manager on the windows machine and repair all the paths they still don't work. 

I am making sure the drawing is closed before opening the reference manager. I have gone over the instructions for replacing or changing the paths many times. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.

When I open the drawing on the Windows machine I get the following warning; "Drawing you opened referenced contains custom objects unavailable Object ARX application. You do not need the orginial application to display proxy representations of objects saved in the drawing. However many manufactures provide object enablers that also allow you to edit these custom objects. Visit autocad object enabler assistant....

missing application

AECBASE 70

AECARCHBASE 70

AECBASE EX 70

AECSCHEDULE 70

LAN AECSCHEDULE DATA"

What exactly are object enablers?

Why is this happening now when it did not happen inthe past? Did the autosave override something?

I am reluctant to install in software on a workstation that is not exclusively my own, espically if I don't feel confidant about what I am doing is there any other workaround? The references files are mostly Jpegs and the like. Very generic file type. 

Thanks in advance- 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: nickeroni

Hi,

You are not able to see raster image files in AC for Windows referenced to the drawing even if you browse for external reference in Reference manager and point AutoCAD to it? (using "Found at" field in Ref manager)

About custom objects: AutoCAD for Mac can not create such custom objects (AECBASE, AECARCHBASE, AECBASE EX, ECSCHEDULE) the come to your file from AutoCAD Architecture (for Windows).

The presence of custom objects in DWG file should not affect External references.

Here is the link about object enablers:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2753223&linkID=9240618

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
nickeroni
in reply to: maxim_k

Attached are some screenshots showing how these missing files look in paperspace and modelspace and the third screenshot shows the location of the missing files on our local shared server. It also shows the file names and that they are simple files like Jpegs. Maybe I am using the wrong terminology but when I open the reference manager and point to the directory where these files are stored I just get these empy windows in the drawing with the names of the files. This is really holding up my workflow so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: nickeroni

Hi,

If I see missing reference (JPEG image for example) in a drawing on PC or on Mac, my workflow is:
- open Reference manager,
- locate missing reference in it,
- in properties section look for "Found at" field, here you can see exact file name of missing image file with full path saved in previous editing session
- to the right of this field there is a button go browsing to the location of the missing reference
- I pick it and browse to the folder where reference resides
- I select reference file and pick OK in browse file dialog
- after this he path gets updated according to OS rules and missing reference appears in the drawing.

Could you reproduce this workflow?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
nickeroni
in reply to: maxim_k

I will try to take screenshots and show you what happens- Busy right now but thats for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost