AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciling Layers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jesusmerly
790 Views, 5 Replies

Reconciling Layers

Whenever I get a notice to view unreconciled layers, I select yes.  However, a dialogue screen comes up asking for a template to select from.  If I select a template, a new drawing opens up.  How do I just view the list and reconcile the layers?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MILESarch
in reply to: jesusmerly

Was there ever an answer to this?  I have 2013 and am experiencing the same.  Strang.

Message 3 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: MILESarch

Hi,

This is definitely a defect (or bug, if you want).
An I can explain what's happens.
When you select "YES" in this dialog:

Screen Shot 2012-12-06 at 22.30.18.png

AutoCAD should create layer filter (group in AC for Mac), that contains all Unreconciled layers and show contents of this group in Layers palette. This happens in Windows version.
It appears that the internal "script", triggered by pressing the button YES, was included in Mac version exactly as it was in Windows version. If you look at the command prompt after you select YES, you will see:

Command:
Current layer:  "0"
Enter an option [?/Make/Set/New/Rename/ON/OFF/Color/Ltype/LWeight/TRansparency/MATerial/Plot/Freeze/Thaw/LOck/Unlock/stAte/Description/rEconcile]:
Current layer filter: "Unreconciled New Layers"
Enter a layer filter option [New/Set/Rename/Edit/Delete/eXit]:
Enter layer filter to make current:
Current layer filter: "Unreconciled New Layers"
Enter a layer filter option [New/Set/Rename/Edit/Delete/eXit]:

Command:  Unknown command "+LAYER".  Press F1 for help.
Command:  Unknown command "UNRECONCILED".  Press F1 for help.
Command:
Command:
Command:
LAYER

Let's look closely at this:
1. AutoCAD calls -LAYER command, then with undocumented option FI (filter) sets filter (group) "Unreconciled New Layers" current. Everything seems OK, but then

2. The internal "script" calls undocumented +LAYER command, which exists in Windows version, and doesn't exists in Mac version. With this command current "Unreconciled New Layers" filter (group) shows in Layers palette. The options of +LAYER command includes the names of all filters, defined in drawing file, and allows to switch filters without going to Layers palette, thus the command sequence should be:
+LAYER
"Unreconciled New Layers"

But as on Mac version there is no such command as +LAYER, AutoCAD for Mac stops at +LAYER:
Unknown command "+LAYER".  Press F1 for help.

Then it continue to read next word from "Unreconciled New Layers" sentence - it is "Unreconciled" and gives reply:
Unknown command "UNRECONCILED".  Press F1 for help.

Next word is "New", and AutoCAD knows such command and calls NEW command which open dialog for Template selection. This is the result you see on screen.

And the last word is LAYER - you see it at the end.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 6
MILESarch
in reply to: jesusmerly

Very detailed reponse and expaination Maxim, thank you.

I am assuming, based upon the date of the original post, that this has been reported to Autodesk and they are aware of it.  Therefore there is no need to file a bug report.  Am I correct in this assumption?  

Message 5 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: MILESarch

Not sure, maybe developers are aware...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
micahdickerson
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi jesusmerly, pbfarch, and Maxim,

Thanks for your posts!  

Yes, we're aware of this issue and are working on a solution.  Please stay tuned for more information.

Thanks,

Micah Dickerson

Product Manager, AutoCAD for Mac

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost