AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Inspector/Layers basically useless.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1053 Views, 2 Replies

Properties Inspector/Layers basically useless.

I do not understand how these VITAL parts of AutoCAD don't work, or why the workarounds work for most people and just not me. There is no way Autodesk would release a product that incompetent so I ask, how do I get them to do what they are designed to do?

Properties Inspector -

Select line

go over to properties inspector

select drop down color

Change color to cyan

nothing!

(new lines change color as asked)

Current value of pickfirst (1)

Current value of pickadd (2)

All forum available solutions have now been searched and found useless.

Layers - 

need a new layer

Click + button on layers

nothing!

Restart AutoCAD

Layer exists now, unable to modify it however without restarting for EACH modification

Solutions found on forums,

pickfirst must be off, Current value of pickfirst (1)

[changed to 0 then back, no change] What does pick first have to do with the layers?

Reinstall AutoCAD for MAC

Problems still present

Go to forum

post issues

forums.autodesk.com doesn't recognize your login.

cant respond

Reinstall AutoCAD for MAC again

same issues

trying forum again.

PLEASE HELP!!! Last semester in Grad School NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD a working AutoCAD!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Leaf.chai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi user,

Thanks for contacting Autodesk.

Please install all the updates available for AutoCAD 2011 for Mac. You can get these updates from the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=15839491

Thanks,

Leaf

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Leaf.chai

Thank you, on top of this NOT solving any of my issues it caused multiple new ones!

Now I have the whole program crashing randomly without giving an option to send info to AutoDesk.

Also all my files created by this version even when saved as other versions are corrupt according to all other copies of autoCAD. As well as any other program that can open .dwg or be exported to.

After a complete wipe of AutoCAD and all updates I have solved those issues and am back to just my orginal problem of PROPERTIES DOESN'T WORK! 

There is a fix somewhere for this bug, there are WAY too many of the exact same complaint for this to be anything but a bug/glitch in the programming. The solutions for a lot of those just don't seem to be a fix for my issue. Also the Properties Inspector and Layers work, just require a restart or to redraw every line. 

Please help me fix this issue and if there is anything that can help this process along just ask and I'll give you any information you specifaclly ask for to get this solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost