AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems whit printable area in layout

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cheski_21
1586 Views, 1 Reply

Problems whit printable area in layout

Hi, when i change the layout options "page setup manager" to modify paper size and edges, non-printable area, the program inexpectedly quits, usually in windows i created papers whitouts edges, ploting only in pdf, but in mac i can't set up a pdf printer and it use the printer configuration (hp printer), which can't be less than 0,65cm. how can I fix this? and print in pdf whitout borders in the paper space and autocad dont crash?

AUTOCAD 2013 MAC LION MOUNTAIN Macbookpro retina.

HOLA, cuando modifico las opciones del layout, "page setup", para modifcar las dimensiones de papel y los bordes, non printable area, el programa se cierra inesperadamente, usualmente en windows dejo los papeles creados sin bordes, ya que quiero solo imprimirlos en pdf para usarlos en el computador, pero en mac, no puedo configurar una impresora pdf y utiliza los margenes de la impresora hp instalada, que no pueden ser menores de 0,65cm. como puedo solucionar esto y poder configurar que no tenga bordes e imprimir en pdf sin que autocad se cierre? es AUTOCAD MAC 2013 en MOUNTAIN LION Macbookpro retina. 

printpage 1printpage 2

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: cheski_21

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

In fact you are on the right way when you are trying to create Custom Paper size with zero margins. And you don't need special PDF printer on Mac to save  (plot) drawings to PDF file, as Mac OS can do this internally. In Mac OS you can save to PDF form Print dialog, or using Batch Publish, or using Export command.

The main problem I see here is the fact, that AutoCAD crashes when you are trying to create Custom Paper size with zero margins.

So here are my additional questions:

- which model of HP printer do you have on your system?

- have you updated HP printer software to the latest version?

- have you installed SP2 for AutoCAD 2013 for Mac?

- at what specific moment AutoCAD crashes? (when you are trying to modify margins, or when you are just trying to create new custom paper size)

- have you tried to create Custom paper size with zero margins from another application (Preview, TextEdit) - in Mac OS all applications are using the same list of Custom paper sizes, and you can create/edit this list in any application and then use in all.

EDIT: Your screenshots are too small to se all information you have, so could you simply attach (not insert in message body) them to the post? Or you have to use "Original size" in options when you insert images into the body of the message.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost