AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with layer manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
796 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with layer manager

I have been consistently having 3 main problems while working with layers:

1. I can only seem to make 2 layers.  After creating 2 layers, the option to create a new layer does not work.

2. When a line is selected and I want to pull down the layer menu, the options for each layer are invisible (i.e. they do not show up on the layer manager).

3. When selecting a color for a specific layer, if I click "select color" rather than pick one of the few presets, AutoCAD always crashes and force quits.

I very much enjoy using a Mac but given these problems I cannot start or copmlete any project with these current problems.  I don't know of any other glitches that may exist, but could this possibly be because I have Lion on my Mac?

Please if anyone knows if this problem can be fixed, let me know, thank you have a nice day. 

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_Stacey
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version of AutoCAD for Mac are you using?  2011 or 2012?

AutoCAD for Mac 2011 Update 3 is currently in beta and resolves issues with Lion.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: David_Stacey

I'm using AutoCAD 2011 for Mac.  I downloaded it from the student store.  Is there an available 2012 version on the student store?  IF not, is the new update found for download or accessed through the updates from the AutoCAD program?

Message 4 of 4
David_Stacey
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the full version (2012) so not sure if the student version differs. My feeling is that you'll have to wait for update 3 to be released.
You could try installing the beta version of update 3 but be aware you might experience other issues!! Hope that helps...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost