AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Compatibility

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nickeroni
659 Views, 3 Replies

Printer Compatibility

Ok I am using autoCAD 2013 on a MacBook. Just connected to my office's LAN and want to print to our networked HP5100 series. I can print from other things on my machine but not from AutoCAD. I get the following error-

"HP LaserJet 5100 PCL5: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The default plot device has been substituted. OK"

I looked up the error and if I hit ok it will print but only in 8.5" by 11" format. I want to use this printer to print 11 by 17. 

I set that up and get plot and publish complete- with no errors, but then the printer does not detect the 11 by 17 paper in the paper tray and it just holds everything up in the print queue. I can't seem to get AutoCAD to 'see' the proper setting available for the printer- yes I downloaded and installed the latest printer software. Any clues/ help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nigma
in reply to: nickeroni

which plotter driver do you have installed?

what's your plotter type((HP LaserJet 5100)?

I have tried the HP LaserJet 5100 and can see th 11x17 papersize.

Message 3 of 4
nickeroni
in reply to: nigma

thanks for your answer. I still get the error messages but I was able to get it working.

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: nickeroni

Hi,

In order to get rid of error messages about plotter configuration in AutoCAD for Mac you have to create Page Setup in Page Setup Manager with new plotter (printer) name.

In Windows version you can force AutoCAD to "remember" new plotter name even without saving Page Setup - you can just print drawing with new plotter or hit "Apply" button in Print dialog, but on Mac you can not use this trick.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost