AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alinar0ma
260 Views, 4 Replies

Plotting Issue

I'm havin troubles figuring out what's wrong with my prnter. It used to print just fine all my dwgs, now, all of a sudden every time I try to plot from model space or layout it is not centered (even though I check the box to center to page), and the dwg is on the top left of the page and some of the dwg is missing. I cannot change it, I do not know how. Also when I open pdfs, if I try to plot a pdf, it will do the same,  in prievew mode it will show me just 3/4 of the dwg, and the dwg is in the upper left corner of the page. Any ideas what to do?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: alinar0ma

Hi,

At first I would strongly recommend you to create Named Page Setups in drawings for both Model and Layuot(s). After you create then you can set one of them current and then successfully manage printing process (change Page Setups for group of layouts at once, import layouts from other drawings).

Now about my workflow, when creating Page Setup:

- Create new Page Setup in Page Setup manager dialog and give it the name,

- In Page setup dialog ensure, that "center on page" option is unchecked,

- Select printer,

- Select page size and orientation,

- Select "What to print" - this mainly applies to Model space page setups, as in Layout you usually print whole Layout

- Set scale

- And the most recent - check "Center on page" if necessary (in my practice I use this only when drawing portion is smaller then sheet of paper)

If you have troubles with "Center on page" option, then at first uncheck this option before you make changes to other print options, then check it again at the end of the Page setup process.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
alinar0ma

Hi Maxim,

thanks for your response. It 's not working. I know I am not explaining it the best way, but this is where my problem is. The quiqest way to print anything in CAD is w window in model space, fit to page, and center it ( let's say I do not care about scaling at this point. All I want is to plot a window from my dwg, center it on the page)

I select my window, I select landscape, I select center age, etc, when it goes in prieview, it appears in portratit position( even though I set it up for landscape) and because it is in portrait position part of the dwg is missing. If I change my setting to portrait just to see what happens, then the right part of the dwg is missing.....doest that make sense?

i only have this problem in CAD, if I want to print from the internet, word doc, etc, they work fine. So I do not know where to start.

tried to reinstall CAD, and restarted, tried to reinstall my printer and restarted, I've tried to delete adobe and reinstalled it......no change.

Any ideas on what it can be?

thank you!

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

What AutoCAD version do you use?

I remember that in AC 2011 there was such kind of problem, the solution for me was to create custom paper size with margins set to zero (you can do this in Print dialog):

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 17.45.22.png

and quick-print using this custom paper size.

Nevertheless, I strongly recommend creating a "basic" named page setup for Model space, even if you change printing area all the time, when you quick-print.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
alinar0ma

Will do. Thank you!

my problem had to do with Adobe. I had to go back to Adobe 10, the older version, delete the adobe plugins on my hardrive and restart. Everything came back to normal. But I will make custom sizes like you suggested. I feel like CAD dor MAC is so much more complicated......

thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost