AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotters and Plot Styles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
drds
663 Views, 5 Replies

Plotters and Plot Styles

Where should I locate my old .CTB files and .PC3 Files for my old plotter files from WIndows?

Or, if you could explain it to me clearly, what is the best way to create a new plotter configuration for a plotter not connected to my system so that I can set up to print a 24x36 sheet, most likely as a PDF file so that I can take them to a  printer service for printing.

I also want to do this for an 11x17 or a 12x18.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: drds

AutoCAD for Mac doesn't use .PC3 files at all by design.

CTB files go here:

"~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/enu/Plotters/Plot Styles" (Library folder at your Home folder)

About plotting (saving to PDF) - you can create Custom Paper Sizes for plotting (actually saving to PDF) on paper that your current System printer doesn't support.

You can create Custom Paper Sizes in Print or Page Setup dialogs, just select Manage Custom Sizes from Paper Size drop-down list.

Then use Custom Paper Size for your Page Setup (Custom Paper Sizes will appear at the bottom of Paper Size list)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: maxim_k

I'd differ a little on the path for CTBs.  Thats the OOTB path; given the option I'd place them somewhere easier to get to and adjust the search path accordingly.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: dgorsman

While using multiple places for CTB files (by setting them via AutoCAD preferences) I notices some glitches in AutoCAD behavior: for example when CTB files are on multiple paths selecting "Reveal in Finder" option in drop-down list of Plot Styles in Page Setup dialog does nothing instead of opening Folder with CTB files.
Maybe there could be some other glitches, so I'm avoid to use multiple places for CTB (STB)

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 6
drds
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim,

If I want to plot a 24x36 and I do not have a printer/plotter that size, how do I create a "dummy" printer/plotter that will allow me to print a PDF utilizing my CTB files so that I can take them to a local print service or other office to print out my plots?

Thank you.

Dana W. Rosenthal, AIA
DRchitecture & DSign
e. DRchitectureDSign@comcast.net
Message 6 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: drds

Hi Dana,

Please look at this post:
forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/can-t-export-oversize-PDFs-Help/m-p/2798448/highlight/true#M37
I described in it how to create "fake" plotter and where to get Gutenprint printer drivers for Mac OS.

But in fact, it seems you don't have to install such "fake" printer, creating Custom Paper Size for your current System printer (see above in this topic) should help you to output PDFs with paper size larger than your printer support.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost