AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Styles with AutoCad for Mac 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
omnikurt
10979 Views, 5 Replies

Plot Styles with AutoCad for Mac 2012

I downloaded the 2012 trial, and see that they have added a Plot Style menu that allows you to open/edit plot styles.  I just can't figure out how you select one of the styles to use in the Print dialog boxes.  Anyone figured this out?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
omnikurt
in reply to: omnikurt

Never mind... found the tiny little arrow at the bottom of the "Edit Settings" page that expands to show more options.  Man is that sucker small!

Message 3 of 6
HawkAIA
in reply to: omnikurt

You're not kidding!!!!  It took me about 5 times looking at that dialog box to figure out that there was a tiny little arrow in the corner.  At least it now appears to stay popped out each time.

Message 4 of 6
katie1994
in reply to: HawkAIA

Where is this? When I go to File>Plot Styles I get a Finder window that opens to show the path to the plot files, but nothing that gives me the ability to use them. What am I missing here?

Message 5 of 6
HawkAIA
in reply to: katie1994

File -> Page Setup Manager.  Select the gear and choose edit. (or choose the plus to create a new style) In the dialog box that pops up, there is a tiny little triangle in a tiny little grey circle in the bottom righthand corner.

You can also get there in the current page setup style by typing "Plot" at the command line, then click on the Edit Page Setup button, then look for the little triangle in the lower right hand corner.

In your case, the above is after you have imported your existing file.

Message 6 of 6
katie1994
in reply to: HawkAIA

Smiley Very Happy

Yes! Figured it out and why this vital command is so buried is beyond my comprehesion.  There are 2 ways to access this command:

1. Go to File>Page Setup Manager and click on the Setting button (looks like a little gear) in the middle of the box. In the flyout menu choose Edit. In the Page Setup dialog box go down to the bottom right corner and you will see a tiny round button with a flyout arrow. Click that arrow and the window will expand to the right for a lot of plotting options. In the top panel, Plot Style Table, click on the menu button to select a plot style/CTB file you want to use. You can click on the button showing a printer to edit the styles just like in Windows AutoCAD.

2.Go to File>Print, in the Print diaglog window click on the Edit Page Settings button in the middle of the window. This takes you to the same Page Setup dialog box with the same little arrow in the bottom right corner.

See the attached diagram. Thanks, it was driving me crazy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost