AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Printer on Autocad LT Mac Not available!!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
anastasiah66
2911 Views, 5 Replies

PDF Printer on Autocad LT Mac Not available!!

I can not figure out how to print to PDF. The version I have downloaded isn't giving me the option. Any suggestions? I need black and white with proper line weights to print on 24x36!  HELPPP! This is very fustrating as i have worked with the program on a PC and its built in. Where is it on a mac? do i need to install another software?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: anastasiah66

Don't you just SAVE AS and select a PDF for output? A MAC OS feature.
Message 3 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,

Have you read my answers here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac-General/autoCAD-MAC-dwg-to-pdf-pc3-file-missing-files-...

If you still have troubles with saving to PDF, please describe your workflow in more details. At what step do you have troubles:
When you create page setup in order to get rid of alert about DWG TO PDF.pc3 ?
When you create custom paper size?
When you Batch print to PDF?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 6
anastasiah66

it doesnt work like all the other mac programs. I dont know why but its a pc vs mac thing.  Very simply you need to use the EXPORT option instead of print, ignore the warning, and make sure the page is set to the sheet size you want, if you need to add a custom size. Make sure you pick your plot style and poof its a pdf in your folder!  It even works when you have multiple sheets on one project and prints them all out at the same time.  the link sent by maxim_k was what helped me figure it out!  good luck. 

Message 5 of 6
arronlee

Hi, Aharrissonnj.

I am glad to see that your problem had been solved so promtly. But I wonder whether you have used any PDF toolkits to help you process the PDF printing project? If so, do you have any good recommendation?

Best regards,

Arron

Message 6 of 6
anastasiah66
in reply to: arronlee

No actually its been so easy to save as that i stopped looking more

A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost