AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mountain Lion Compatibility

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
t_u_s_h
1915 Views, 8 Replies

Mountain Lion Compatibility

ive been searching almost every day now to see if something has been released to ensure the compatibility of autodesk programs with mountain lion yet i havent managed to find any updates.

however i have found on RoaringApps (http://roaringapps.com/apps:table/p/3) that it shows that autocad works just fine with mountain lion.

how reliable is this source? should we continue to hold off from updating to mountain lion?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
David_Stacey
in reply to: t_u_s_h

Autodesk is working on a service pack for Mountain Lion compatibility. It is currently in beta test.
My advice would be to hold off if you use AutoCAD for business.
Message 3 of 9
AliDesign
in reply to: David_Stacey

Hey David, do you know approximately when AutoCad and 3D max will be aviailable for mountain lion? I just bought a new macbook air and my options are either to wait for compatibility or downgrade my OS on Mac, which is not preferable. Just wondering if it will be a month or more like 6 months.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9

We need Your help, we didnt know that autocad 2013 is not compatible with mountain lion, we already installed, and We are worried because autocad is our principal tool for work, when is the release for the service pack for mountain lion? Thank you so much

Message 5 of 9
David_Stacey

Hi
Some users are saying AutoCAD 2013 runs fine on Mountain Lion but since there is a service pack to ensure compatibility, I wouldn't risk it. If your work depends on using AutoCAD, don't risk your workflow until Autodesk officially supports Mountain Lion.
It isn't known exactly when the service pack will be available. Could be weeks or a month or two.
Again, some users are reporting no issues, but it comes down to the tools inside AutoCAD you use.
If you don't want to wait, you could always run Lion in.a virtual machine - not the greatest solution but it works if you have enough memory.
Hope that helps.
Message 6 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: AliDesign

Hi,

It appears also that the delay in the release of service pack for AC 2013 is due to the implementing new Security Controls in AutoCAD 2013:

http://withoutanet.typepad.com/without_a_net/2012/08/new-security-controls-in-autocad-2013-sp1-help-...

BTW - Beta2 of SP3 for AC 2012 for Mac already released about a week ago.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 9
RonnieWilkins

Supported means that Autodesk has tested the application with the operating system.  It also means that if you call them or your reseller they will be able to support you.  Until Autodesk states they officially support AutoCAD 2013 with Mt. Lion, they can choose to deny you support.  It's their option.

With that said I had issues getting 2013 to install on my MBP that was upgraded from Lion to Mt. Lion.  It installed, but upon first launch, it crashed my system. Upon restart, the application never launched, it just hung.

I then uninstalled the application.

I then made sure no external drivers were attached and made sure to remove the quarantine extended attribute from the .dmg file.  This attributed is used by OS X to determine if the file was downloaded and is used by the Gatekeeper functionality.

AutoCAD 2013 nows seems to work okay for now.

My coworker had AutoCAD 2013 installed on Lion, then upgraded to Mt. Lion and has seemed to have no major issues.

Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.
Message 8 of 9
ericechols85

AutoCAD for Mac 2013 has been working fine for me on Mountain Lion. From my understanding, the disappearing cursor was a system-wide issue in early builds of Mountain Lion (as it was documented by a number of developers). I have not had any issues with cursors or PDFing since upgrading. This is not necessarily an endorsement for upgrading; I strongly recommend that you test it on a non-production machine first if you intend to upgrade before Autodesk releases official support.

For background, I'm on an Early 2011 17" MBP, 2.2 i7, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 6750M, and an SSD.

Message 9 of 9
182cadman
in reply to: ericechols85

Can anybody confirm if AUTODESK are still worrying about supporting MAC 2011, it seems to just have been left out there and its a while since an update has been released.

Is AutoDesk bothered about the people whom paid good money for a product and can't upgrade due to the further costs??????

Pretty poor so far.

:(

If not I guess its a move back to VM fusion ware 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost