AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lion is out, but read this first

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
Kate_LT
8816 Views, 53 Replies

Lion is out, but read this first

There are currently some incompatibilities between AutoCAD 2011 for Mac and the Lion OS X. We're working on fixing them as quickly as possible, but in the meantime you may want to hold off on the upgrade.

Read the support blog post on the topic: http://bit.ly/qcvvFe

Thanks for your patience -- we hope to have an update for you soon.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
53 REPLIES 53
Message 21 of 54
ToanDN
in reply to: rob.maguire

Thanks for the update.

I thought everything in my Mac "just works".

Message 22 of 54
TomWhite53
in reply to: fmsimmons

I tried to install the Beta, but I received the message that I need to install updates 1 and 2.  I know that I had installed updates, 1 and 2 and the hot foix that came out a monjth or so ago.  I redownloaded thses updates, and when I try to install updat I get the message that I need to install update 1 before I can install update 1.  What am I doing worng?

Message 23 of 54
jtubb

Ok So Ive been using the new update today and the print to PDF works!!! Great work!!

The only problem that I'm experencing so far is when I try to change between layers I am unable to see my layers when I click the drop down tab. (See attached image.) 

Anyone else have the same problem??  

Check out my website: www.josephtubb.com.
Message 24 of 54
thunder123
in reply to: jtubb

Update 3 Beta also not help - crash after 0 - 2min all the time after opening.

MacBookPro8,1 

Intel Core i5

2.3 GHz

Number of Processors:1

Total Number of Cores:2

Memory:4 GB

Chipset Model:Intel HD Graphics 3000

VRAM (Total):384 MB

Lion

Message 25 of 54
Achillx
in reply to: Kate_LT

I was trying to change the color of a line from the properties panel and Autocad was crashing!

I haven't tried it with the beta update because I went back to Snow Leopard.

Can someone with Lion check it?

MacBook Pro 8,2
Intel Core i7 2Ghz
4GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6490M
Message 26 of 54
TomWhite53
in reply to: fmsimmons

I have been using the beta since Monday the 25th.  All functions seem to be working.  I can print to pdf, and to a plotter and printer.  Some commmands still take an inceredible amount of time to execute, as they alwasy have under Autocad for MAC.

Message 27 of 54
mwhitticar
in reply to: TomWhite53

Have been using the Beta since the weekend without any notable issues.  Background color for the content palette is all white and washes out the actual content until the pointer hovers over the image.

Message 28 of 54
vitale.simone

any news for NVIDIA GeForce 9400M users?

Message 29 of 54
Sssjoerd

I can't download the bèta because I've no Feedback Community account. Please share this also to people with Dicsussion Group account. Thanx in forward!

Tags (3)
Message 30 of 54
cwilk
in reply to: Sssjoerd

We need an update fast. ACAD 11 for Mac worked fine on a NIVIDA 9400 graphics card before lion and the beta should be compatible also. The fact that this compatibility issue is here six months after apple released the OS to developers shows that Autodesk is not dedicated to fully supporting the product on this platform. I am very dissapointed after waitring so many years to get a native Mac version, and then being lest out of the possible solution with the beta. 

Message 31 of 54
Tim.BB

Our company just bought a MacBook Pro. It has Mac OS X Lion 10.7 it will not let me print and soon crashed after trying. I was able to draw on the program for a few hours until it crashed again. Now the program will noteven open. After reading the forum is this due to the Lion system? Is there a fix for this yet? or do we need to return the computer for a system without Lion?
Message 32 of 54
RCR
Participant
in reply to: Tim.BB

Just started using AutoCAD 2011 on Mac. As a new user of Mac (I have just bought a 2011 iMac) I've been completely blown away by how smooth everything on it operates. I'm really glad Autodesk have chosen to develop the Mac version of AutoCAD which is essential software for an Architecture student like myself. I hope they are able to support and continue to refine it to bring it in line with other Mac software. Instead of pursuing the the novel changes of a new version every year (which they seem to do with the windows version) working to fix the current edition with patches until it is a high quality product that justifies the enormous price tag.

I'm using Lion and most everything so far is working fine. I like the paired back Mac version. Upon trying to print a PDF it caused a crash and I see from this thread that I'm not the only one with this problem. The thing is, I'm wondering if I should install the patches? Reading some of these entries it seems many problems are introduced with new patches. Should I wait for a definitive fix... I don't expect anybody knows how long it will be in coming?  

Until then I will have to save files and print on a Windows machine.

Message 33 of 54
RCR
Participant
in reply to: RCR

I decided to bite the bullet and installed SP3 beta. Happy to say I can print to PDF now.

Message 34 of 54
and-garc

When is the Lion version coming out?! !

Message 35 of 54
DarrenP
in reply to: and-garc

autocad for mac 2012 is out

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 36 of 54
cwilk
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes 2012 is out and it seems to be working fine on Lion, but it has yet to be put on the education website for students like myself. After the 30 day trail I will be back to the same dilema, assuming Autodesk continues to move at its current pace to resolve the incompatibility AND support the EXACT same hardware ACAD Mac 2011 did pre-Lion. The way this issue is being handled is absolutely baffeling.

Message 37 of 54
hlafferty28
in reply to: DarrenP

Of Course Autocad 2012 for Mac is out.  And of course it is Lion Compatible.  And true to form, the Autocad solution for nonacademic users is to hit you with another $4000 + expense rather than support a product (2011) that is less than a year old.

Message 38 of 54
hlafferty28
in reply to: hlafferty28

Oops - Upgrade for the low low price of $2000!

Message 39 of 54
andrea.durzo

Not of course with lion! Not for me!

Message 40 of 54
bobbi-mcam

Subscription is only $450 a year and upgrades to new versions of software are included. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost