AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lion is out, but read this first

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
Kate_LT
8732 Views, 53 Replies

Lion is out, but read this first

There are currently some incompatibilities between AutoCAD 2011 for Mac and the Lion OS X. We're working on fixing them as quickly as possible, but in the meantime you may want to hold off on the upgrade.

Read the support blog post on the topic: http://bit.ly/qcvvFe

Thanks for your patience -- we hope to have an update for you soon.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
53 REPLIES 53
Message 2 of 54
jtubb
in reply to: Kate_LT

Crap......I didn't think to check this. I installed Lion Yesterday and today in class I wasnt able to print.....Boo.... Will there be a print patch or a general pacth this week?

Check out my website: www.josephtubb.com.
Message 3 of 54
Kate_LT
in reply to: jtubb

The team is working as fast as they can to get the fix ready, but I can't say when it'll be available.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 4 of 54
jtubb

Ok, Thank your for the reply. Ill be looking out for the update. 

Message 5 of 54
TomWhite53

Well of coarse I did not find this until I had installed Lion.  It worked fine unhtil I went to Print.  Autocad Crashed, and I am unable to open it any more.  I tried reloading Autocad for Mac, but that did not help.

I would have thought that Autocad would have sent an email to every Autocad For Mac userew telling everyone this information.

Message 6 of 54
vitale.simone

it's unbelievable. lion dp1 came out in february.

in dp1 autocad ran fine but a bunch of strange graphical glitches. since dp2 update (april) autocad crashed everytime i launched it.

it's july and autocad is still not working.

unbelievable.

Message 7 of 54
fmsimmons

Is there any kind of workaround for this?  I need badly to be able to print PDFs?

Message 8 of 54
jtubb
in reply to: fmsimmons

I don't think so. I have a Studio Project due on the 4th I'm freaking out!! 

Message 9 of 54
jtubb

AutoDesk. 
Please just make a pacth to allow us to print PDF. I need to print! Please release an update ASAP!!! Lion was announced months ago and beta versions we given to devolopers. There should be no reason that Autodesk doesnt have an update to solve this issue. 

Message 10 of 54
TomWhite53

I had to pull out my old windows version.

Message 11 of 54
fmsimmons
in reply to: TomWhite53

I have to downgrade back to Snow Leopard till this is fixed.

Message 12 of 54
jtubb

how do you downgrade?

Message 13 of 54
fmsimmons

Time Machine.  You'd lose all your data since you upgraded.

Message 14 of 54
maxim_k

@jtubb wrote:

how do you downgrade?

Maybe these instructions will be helpful:

"

Downgrading to Snow Leopard from Lion is easy.

If you are like me, you were eager to try Lion and installed it over Snow Leopard, and didn't clone your SL install before installing Lion. And if you are like me, you hated Lion. Hopefully like me, you had Time Machine backing up your SL install all along.

After a bunch of research, I found very little concrete accurate advice as to how to revert to SL. But buried on a random web page somewhere was the exact info I needed. So here it is...

Remember to back up any files or folders you created after installing Lion, as these will be gone when you restore. Also remember that this will only work if you included system files in your Time Machine backups.

It's quite simple really. You boot into the Lion Restore partition (restart, hold Option, choose the Lion Restore partition to boot into). Choose restore. Scroll to the latest Snow Leopard date and select it. Hit next. Be prepared to wait several hours (I did it overnight). When you're done, you will be back where you started before installing Lyin.

A little side effect from Lion remains...the restore partition. Again, a bunch of research on how to get rid of it proved inaccurate. You may be able to boot into it for Time Machine maintenance...I don't know, I didn't try. I just wanted the 650Mb back.

After restoring, I rebooted and the Lion Restore partition was no longer hidden. It appeared on my desktop. It was then a simple matter of using disk utility to delete the partition, automatically merging the free space back to my SL install.

The only glitch I've encountered so far was that moving files to the trash resulted in a warning that they would be removed immediately. This was fixed with a terminal command which deletes the trash folder and rebuilds it. A restart and I was back in business. Sorry, I don't have the code handy.

I hate not having the latest and greatest offering from Apple, but in the case of Lyin, it may be the latest but... I don't see reverting to SL as a downgrade at all. "

from http://att.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1195690

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 15 of 54
raumpunktmp

Can You please give information when update will be available. blog post is 20 days old. thank you.

Message 16 of 54
arq_uriegas
in reply to: raumpunktmp

Hi, Is there any news about this??

I would like to know if this problem results only with autocad 2011 and Lion or if is it with autocad 2010 an Lion too?

I have autocad 2010 on my mac, and I'm thinking to switch leopard to lion... would it work? or i should wait?

Help! 

Message 17 of 54
vitale.simone
in reply to: arq_uriegas

autocad 2011 for Mac is not working on Lion.
there is no such a thing as autocad 2010 for mac. i suppose you have autocad 2010 for windows installed on a windows partition on your mac. so yes, you can install lion because it won't interfere with your bootcamp/windows partition

Message 18 of 54
mwhitticar

As noted by others, we would like an update from Autodesk regarding Lion.  I did check my subscription site prior to upgrading and found no warning, so upgrades as soon as Lion was available. 

All of my other programs are funtioning well and I love the improvements Lion provides (Mail etc).  So I really do not want to revert back to SL.  Unfortunately, waiting for an update is no longer an option, need to know if I should load a windows version autocad on my VM....again. 

Message 19 of 54
DarrenP
in reply to: mwhitticar

autodesk just released this blog entry about lion and autocad for mac: http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2011/07/autocad-for-mac-2011-update-beta-for-os-x-lion.h...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 20 of 54
rob.maguire

I have an update for everyone interested in Lion support for AutoCAD for Mac 2011.  We have updated the Product Support Tech solution with self-registration access to a beta of the patch that will support Lion

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17309425&linkID=15839490

There are still known issues with this beta, including issues with the NVidia GeForce 9400M and 320M video cards so please read the details of the patch and check your system compatability.  However, we wanted to get this patch out there as quickly as possible for those without these video cards.  We welcome your feedback in our beta forum as to the viability of this patch.

Thanks for your help in delievering a solution as quckly as possible.

Rob Maguire

Product Manager, AutoCAD for Mac

Rob Maguire

Director, AutoCAD Platform Product Line Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost