AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines turn into parallelograms

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jonchanzc
1529 Views, 4 Replies

Lines turn into parallelograms

This may or may not be a dumb question but for some strange reason all the lines I draw turn into elongated parallelograms. I'm not sure what I did wrong or if I did anything to do this, but I need to get this fixed so I can get on with my project. Please tell me what to do!

I've attached a screenshot. 

I have tried restarting AutoCAD to no avail.

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 10.12.08 PM.png

Thanks for all your help!

Jonathan Chan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: jonchanzc

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi Jonathan,
Do you use LINE command?
What if you try to draw polyline (PLINE command)?
Could you post here your DWG file with such lines?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
jonchanzc
in reply to: maxim_k

Hey Maxim, 

I used the default line command and the poly line command but both did the same thing.

I've attached the DWG file. 

The lines I've drawn as the example are the two turqoise lines between the two main floor plans, the left one a normal LINE and the right one is the PLINE.

Thank you very much for your help!

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: jonchanzc

At first, I have to say that view in your drawing is not perpendicular to the World coordinate system (WCS) plane you are working in.
So the first thing you need to do - start PLAN command and hit Return two times.
The view is now correct, but at first moment you can think that drawing is empty - that is because of the second thing - if you will look to the upper right corner of the screen - you will see small black dot (or white, if you have black display color). You need to delete it - that is piano block, that accidentally "flew away" from your main drawing area.
After you delete it you can ZOOM ALL - now lines seems to look normal, but wait - that is not all.
Type word THICKNESS at the command prompt (the name of the system variable) - you will get :
"Enter new value for THICKNESS <2'-6 1/4">:"
Type 0 (zero) and hit Return. This will set thickness in your drawing to 0 (zero) - default value. Now all lines you will draw will be "flat".
They appeared as parallelograms because they had a thickness and your view was not perpendicular to the drawing plan.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
jonchanzc
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim, 

Oh my gosh you are a GENIUS. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE SAVED MY PROJECT!!!

I haven't used AutoCAD for a year and a half and I've had to dig it all back up to do this studio design project and I know nothing about troubleshooting in CAD so THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

God Bless, 

Jonathan Chan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost