AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weight problem in layout

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arnouddatema
360 Views, 3 Replies

Line weight problem in layout

Hi there,

I'm using AutoCAD 2014 for Mac. I'm drawing a detail which contains different lineweights and they show correctly in model space, but in layout all the lineweights show up with the same thickness. I've tried many things and apparently I changed something in one of my layouts which causes to show it correctly now, but I have no clue what I've done Smiley Tongue In my other layouts it still shows the thickness wrong. Anyone got an idea how to change these settings?

Thanks in advance,

Arnoud.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: arnouddatema

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Arnoud,
How do you set lineweights in Model space? Do you use BYLAYER option and set lineweight for the Layer? Or you assign lineweight individually by object?
Have you checked viewports overrides for lineweight property for problem viewports?
Have you tried to select viewport, right-click on it and select "Remove viewport overrides for all layers"?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
arnouddatema
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi, thanks for the quick respond.

I've assigned the lineweights individually for each object. I've tried the "remove viewport overrides for all layers", but nothing changed. I'll explain my problem with some screenshots of one of my drawings.

First my drawing in Model, as you can see the lineweights are shown correct (0.25mm).

Model.png

This is the same drawing shown in layout, which at first sight looks good as well.

Layout zoomed out.png

But then when I zoom in, the lineweights also become thicker.

Layout zoomed in.png 

And then the final screenshot, a print preview, which also shows thicker lineweights than originally drawn. (Also the drawing shows a bit gray, any idea how to fix that to black?)

Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 20.33.44.png

I think it has something to do with 'linescale', but I'm not sure. 

Thanks for helping,

Arnoud.

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: arnouddatema

The thickness of the lines you see in Model and in Layout in AutoCAD is only approximation. When you zoom in lines became thicker, but only on the screen. In the drawing itself the thickness of the lines stays unchanged unless you change it by editing the properties of objects.
The same I can say about plot Preview. Although Preview app shows lineweights more correctly than AutoCAD drawing window, there also could be some approximation.
The only way to check real lineweights in PDF output is to open PDF file in some application capable of editing PDF file (Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape) and check lineweight via properties of the object.
About "the drawing shows a bit gray" - to say true, I can not see "gray" on your screenshot,

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost