AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Transfer to Another Layer Autocad 2013 Mac

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
708Designs
490 Views, 3 Replies

Layer Transfer to Another Layer Autocad 2013 Mac

Hi,

I have a floor plan on a yellow layer and windows on a green layer. I would like to put the windows on the yellow but it wont allow me. If i check properties on the yellow lines to floor plan they are yellow by layer and if i check the green windows properties it says yellow by layer also, but windows say properties says its on a block.

Can anybody help or understand what I am asking?

Question #2

On the floor plan I have been showing display fixtures that I have been extruding and modifying from there up into 3d and put them into new layers. So my question is do I leave the outlines of the fixtures on the floor plan and do I leave them on floorplan Layer or should i delete outline after I extrude them. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: 708Designs

Hi,
1. About Windows. If they are blocks, and you want them to have the same color as layer you put them on, you need to edit the Window block with Block Editor: double click on Window block- it will open in Block Editor, select all objects that compose Window and change their Layer to 0, save block and close Block Editor. Now Windows will change their color when you change the Layer they are inserted.
Note: In case the Window block contains attributes, than you can not open it by double clicking on it, then select Window block, right-click on it and select Edit from menu.
2. About the second question: it is up to your needs. You can leave outlines and put them to separate layer, so you can turn it off (or freeze) if you need this.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
storm.mccarthy
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi i'm trying to offset my wall and of course it stays the layer i'm offsetting from but how could I change it to a different layer by clicking on it, its dimmed where it says make active with the right click? just wondering if somehow I turned that option off or whats going on if you could get back to me soon that'dbe great! i have Cadd 14 for mac

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: storm.mccarthy

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

@storm.mccarthy wrote:

Hi i'm trying to offset my wall and of course it stays the layer i'm offsetting from but how could I change it to a different layer ...

When you use OFFSET command set current the Layer you want to have the result of offset to be paced to, than use Layer option after you start OFFSET command, than select "Current" option instead of default "Source", than proceed with OFFSET as usual:

Command: Of
OFFSET
Current settings: Erase source=No Layer=Source OFFSETGAPTYPE=0
Specify offset distance or [Through/Erase/Layer] <31.6019>: L
Enter layer option for offset objects [Current/Source] <Source>: C
Specify offset distance or [Through/Erase/Layer] <31.6019>:
Select object to offset or [Exit/Undo] <Exit>:
Specify point on side to offset or [Exit/Multiple/Undo] <Exit>:
Select object to offset or [Exit/Undo] <Exit>:

@storm.mccarthy wrote:

...its dimmed where it says make active with the right click? ...

Sorry, can not understand what about you are writing? Are you about Layers palette? "Make active" in context menu are dimmed for 

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 21.51.28.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost