AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2013 - Linetypes & rotate blocks from content

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MarkMetson3175
315 Views, 3 Replies

LT2013 - Linetypes & rotate blocks from content

Recently migrated from windows to mac os and only using this version on a macbook for now until I feel confident to changeover the studio workstation after many years and trying to find some familiar ways around as I have been used to working on LT2004 (although I have upgraded many times I just never really got on with the newer pallettes etc and revert to the tried and tested version to keep productivity at work)

Can someone please help me with a couple of minor things please.... they have a major impact on my use of the product?

- Is it possible to config the content pallette so I can rotate blocks at the time of insertion without having to either post rotate them individually from the model space or use the insert command which appears not to be as graphically friendly as the content pallette which looks excellent for compiling good for libraries but the option to at least rotate will be greatly appreciated.

- Is there a quick and easy to changing linetypes on the fly from a flyout menu on the toolsets... is there any other way round this without having to access the pull down from the properties inspector pallette as that method consumes quite a bit of screen space?

I'm liking and getting used to the new feel of the software but a little concerned it may take longer to carry out repetitive tasks that I do many times each day which may stop me using this regularly so any constructive comments are most welcome, thanks

Mark

Architect in UK 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: MarkMetson3175

Hi Mark,

Actually there are a couple of ways to use Content palette:

- you can drag block from the palette to drawing area - in this case you can not control rotation, scale and base point for placing the block;

- you can double-click block in Content palette (or use right-click menu on the block image), then you can control base point, rotation and scale for the block you are inserting before you insert it (just use options available in dynamic prompt, or command line, or right-click context menu)

About changing linetypes from ToolSets palette: you can create custom macro for changing linetype and assign it to the button on ToolSets palette.

For example, if you want to change linetype of selected object(s) to "Center" you can use such macro:

^C^C_CHANGE;_P;_LT;Center;;

(assuming you already have "Center" linetype definition in the drawing)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4

The tips are much appreciated and the macro is really very useful, thank you I will be able to put that to good use.

I've been as successful using the content palette. Although I can insert now with the dynamic prompts using the double click method (thanks again) the rotation is a bit hit and miss having to decide angles prior to dropping a block in place is not as fluid as I would like - but I guess you can adjust to that. 

However I am experiencing some problems after using this double click method with the content palette behaviour changing and not letting me simply just drag and drop any other block again. It will allow further double clicking but seems to freeze me from the basic drag and drop. Would you know if this is commonly experienced or easily resolved or possibly a system glitch?

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: MarkMetson3175

Hi Mark,

@MarkMetson3175 wrote:

However I am experiencing some problems after using this double click method with the content palette behaviour changing and not letting me simply just drag and drop any other block again. It will allow further double clicking but seems to freeze me from the basic drag and drop. Would you know if this is commonly experienced or easily resolved or possibly a system glitch?

I think it is rather application glitch, as I haven't such issue.

About rotation - I'm afraid I don't understand your problem.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost