AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues printing issue AutoCAD LT 2013 MAC SP2

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
spirelighting
765 Views, 10 Replies

Issues printing issue AutoCAD LT 2013 MAC SP2

I am having an issue with printing after updating to SP2 on my Mac version.  I am running OSX Mavericks and version G.55.M.208.  The issues I have are when I click "Print" and set it up with my plotter that was working it does nothing.  It doesn't even attempt to plot the layout.  

The second and separate (at least it seems to be) is when using batch publish, the PDFs or plots no longer match the layout 100%.  There will be random layers (not set to not plot and also not set to freeze or vp freeze) that just choose to not plot.  This is frustrating as it slows down production as I never know what I will get when I plot to PDF or to my plotter.  

HELP!  Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: spirelighting

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Which printer software do you have on your Mac (printer / plotter model)?
Can you print to this printer/plotter from applications other than AutoCAD?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
spirelighting
in reply to: maxim_k

We have the HP T520 36".  I can print to it from other programs on the mac using the print dialog.  I can also print to it via the batch publish option, but some layers seem to not plot.

Message 4 of 11
maxim_k

So you can batch publish to PDF and to physical device. Strange that you can not print single plots, but anyway: the next problem is in layers that doesn't appear on plots.
Does this happens randomly?
If you print DWG two times without changing plot settings - do you get the same layers missing?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 11
spirelighting

It seems to be the same layers if I batch publish several times, however its not always the same layer or type of layer (such as a xref doc layer, etc) across files.  It also can change which layer it chooses not to show if I close the application and reopen.  

It's the weirdest problem I've ever come across.

Message 6 of 11

These files are also in a folder on my desktop currently.  I was originally editing over an afp share, but wondered if that caused an issue, so I copied the entire drafting folder to the local drive - all xrefs are always attached with relative path so that when a file/folder gets zipped, it can be transported.

Message 7 of 11
maxim_k

The only way to check what is the case of instability in layer printing AutoCAD side or printer software is to install different from your current printing device.
This could be Gutenprint drivers. You can try to install them on your Mac and create fake network printer, than you can try to print to PDF using this drivers.
Search this forum for instructions how to use Gutenprint printer software with AutoCAD.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 11
spirelighting

OK.  That got me a lot closer....  seems as for some reason the print dialog in AutoCAD does not like the driver for our plotter.  When I tried selecting just a regular laser printer and printing to PDF, it seems to have worked - and showed what appears to be all the layers (at least at a quick cursury glance.

Still baffling why it seemed to coincide with the updating to the Autocad LT 2013 MAC SP2 install....   

I will try to re-install my plotter drivers and report back on here.  

Message 9 of 11
spirelighting

OK.  So, after uninstalling and re-installing the driver and plotter, I have the same issue.  I can freely print from any other program on the Mac, but cannot "Print" either to the plotter or to PDF with the plotter selected as the printer driver.  

Any other thoughts?  I did make sure to download the latest driver from HP.

Message 10 of 11
maxim_k

The only one suggestion I have at the moment is to batch plot to PDF with laser printer driver, than print resulting PDFs on T520 plotter using Preview application.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 11
spirelighting

ok.  Thanks.  I guess I'll do that for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost