AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect default plotter configuration in AutoCAD LT for Mac

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wklemp
2268 Views, 3 Replies

Incorrect default plotter configuration in AutoCAD LT for Mac

Whenever I attempt to print, I get the warning message below referring to a printer that I do not have.  Someone in the main forum told me this setting is set by the file creator and travels with the file, but I created the file and never set this.  Further, I used the print settings edit function to change it to my default Mac printer, but when I closed the file and reopened, it was back to this same default.  Anyone run into this?  May be very basic, as I just migrated from AutoCAD R13 PC version.  

Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 11.51.58 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: wklemp

Hi,

Yes, indeed, plotter (printer) device name saved in each individual file, when you create Page setup (from Model or from Layout). So if you continuously have this message, then you use drawing prototype (template) with saved Page setup with this specific plotter.

If you create new file from one of default templates, which comes with AutoCAD, you shouldn't get such message from AutoCAD, so check your template (prototype) drawing. If it has Page setup with HP LaserJet 4000 printer - simply change it to one of printers from your Mac and save this template.

@wklemp wrote:

...Further, I used the print settings edit function to change it to my default Mac printer, but when I closed the file and reopened, it was back to this same default.

In order to save print device name in DWG file, you have to edit and save Page setup and then save DWG. If you don't use Page setup, but rather simply call "Print..." from file menu and change printer (plotter) from Print dialog, then print device name doesn't saved in file, so if you open drawing next time you get the same message.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
wklemp
in reply to: maxim_k

Outstanding!  I was in fact using an old template for starting my drawings and that old printer reference was there.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
jmaheta
in reply to: maxim_k

well done...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost