AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include libraries to AutoCAD for Mac

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1241 Views, 3 Replies

Include libraries to AutoCAD for Mac

Hey there, 

I am using AutoCAD for Mac and I often need to draw standard parts like screws, bearings and so on.

Is there a possibility to export the part library from AutoCAD mechanical for Win and include it into the Mac Version?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wei503
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Yes, we do not have content library in AutoCAD for Mac. But I see the Contetn Palette may be able to help you work more efficiently. You can import the blocks from other drawings into the Content Palette. Then you can access to these blocks via the Content palette easily. You can also save a templete after importing the blocks.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: wei503

Thanks for your answer.

This means I have to draw each part first, before I can include it into my content library?

Is there no possibilty to import an existing content library?

Greetings

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD MECH is a "vertical" and Content Libiraries from verticals don't transfer and act the same in Plain AutoCAD (MAC or Windows) as that advanced feature is missing.

That content is also exclusive to MECH, I'm not sure you would be crossing some sort of licensing-issue using MECH content in a non-MECH version of AutoCAD. That would be a question best directed to the MECH forum.

But blocks are blocks otherwise, and you can access any library file or folder in AutoCAD (Widnows or MAC) easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost