AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit the extrude command features, ie: isolines

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
5789 Views, 2 Replies

How to edit the extrude command features, ie: isolines

Problem #1: When extruding a 2D shape it, the 3D object appears with a 'grid' pattern on the surface faces. I understand that these are called Isolines and can be edited by changing their values within the Properties Inspector area. Question: How can I permanently preset the number of isolines an extruded object gets as a default? I would rather have these set to '0' so there is no 'grid' pattern on the faces and not have to change their properties each time I extrude something. Problem #2: After extruding a shape, I see that the original 2D shape (or polyline) is still present. So there is now the new 3D shape and the 2D shape at the extrusion origin point. Question: Is it possible to change it so the original shape is deleted? *Note, I have heard about the DELOBJ command and but could not get it to work. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks! -T
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

In a situation you described, you are creating SURFACE object with EXTRUDE command.

You control number of isolines for newly created surfaces by setting values of system variables SURFU and SURFV (if you set them to 0 (zero) you will get the result you want)

As you create SURFACES, then DELOBJ system variable depends on SURFACEASSOCIATIVITY variable, you have to set it to 0 (zero) and set DELOBJ=3 in order to delete original 2D object during surface creation.

All these system variables (except DELOBJ) saved in drawing file, i.e. you have to set them in each new drawing, or save settings in template file.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim, Thanks for the help, that was very informative! -T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost