AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I locate and open Design Center in 2014 Mac?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
2873 Views, 5 Replies

How do I locate and open Design Center in 2014 Mac?

So I'm taking an AutoCad Class and my professor is useless. We are supposed to be designing a site plan and including landscape elements but I can't open design center. I've tried using the "Control + 2" function as well as neavigating to it through pallets but I have yet to acutally locate or open the desig center with the already loaded blocks. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
justshutup
in reply to: 034746262

@034746262 wrote:

So I'm taking an AutoCad Class and my professor is useless. We are supposed to be designing a site plan and including landscape elements but I can't open design center. I've tried using the "Control + 2" function as well as neavigating to it through pallets but I have yet to acutally locate or open the desig center with the already loaded blocks. Any ideas?

Before you go getting all uppity about your professor being useless, you should learn how to use Google.  Had you taken the time to to research instead of complaining, you would have found that there is no Design Center in ACAD for mac.  There's lot's of stuff not available in your version of ACAD; blame your choice of software, not other people.  

Message 3 of 6
maxim_k

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Yes, there is no Design Center in AC for Mac.

But you can use Content Palette (Command+2) and populate it yourself from these sites:

http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/?q=landscape

http://www.cadcorner.ca/cadblocks/prvblocks.php

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 6
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 6
in reply to: justshutup

So thanks for the sass. I spent hours on google and different forums snd message boards getting mixed messages from everywhere I went. I asked my professor for help and after assuring me there was a design center and that I was just doing it wrong, he gave up and told me to figure it out myself. I realize that it likely wasn't the best thing to call him useless on a public message board, but at that point I was just frusturated and had to let it out. So since you're not my professor and don't really have any reason to be getting all "uppity" with me, thanks for the post, have a nice day. 

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Your professor was wrong to do that.
Your Google research was also incomplete (many links I found pointed to topics here with Maxim's answers).

Glad you found help here from Maxim, a great resource in this MAC forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost